Simple Medical Practice Marketing $499/Mon
Executing a Successful Medical Practice Marketing Requires Much More Than a Website. In Order to Increase Your Clinic’s Patient Count, You Need Intelligent Software Behind Your Website, and a Strategy That Has Been Proven to Be Successful for Top Healthcare Clinics Across the USA.
PatientGain.com data shows that out of a sample of 3450 Medical Clinics in USA, only 148 clinics have a results driven online patient engagement marketing plan to gain a competitive advantage. If you are using software that is based on data mining & data driven results based strategies, then you are likely to benefit immensely. Majority of the medical clinics are simply using a static website with few links to patient portal, and may be a local web company managing non-intelligent but pretty website.
Here is an example of FREE intelligent website included with GOLD service. PatientGain.com Medical Practice Marketing includes a free website.
Patientgain.com’s Medical Practice Marketing Plan Is Not Focused on Technology, but on Results. It Covers Five Key Areas:
No 1) Targeted online advertising for Patient Acquisition
No 2) Software along with online and medical industry expertise for Patient Retention
No 3) Effective communication and online marketing for Patient Engagement
No 4) Applications that track advertising and marketing strategies for Low Patient Acquisition Costs
No 5) Social Media Applications designed to convert your Facebook Business Page into a full-fledged Website – for Social Media Marketing
Best Medical Practice Marketing For Doctors Costs $499/Mon
There are over 20 applications designed for your medical practice. All apps are HIPAA compliant and run on HIPAA Compliant Servers hosted in USA. PatientGain.com provides a BAA for your service.
Patient Behavior and the Medical Industry Are Changing. The Internet and Social Media Have Changed How Medical Practices Execute Their Marketing. 72 Percent of the Patients Look Online – and 88 Percent of Them Pay Attention to Reviews. Close to 70 Percent of Patients Do This on a Mobile Device.
Medical Practice Marketing Example Data (PPC Advertising)
One of our customers, a medical clinic in a very competitive market was running their PPC advertising with a local company in Michigan, when they first started using PatientGain.com. After using PatientGain.com advertising platform, the first month, they saw some drastic results at their clinic now that their Google AdWords Campaigns were being managed by PatientGain.com’s PPC platform. While using a local advertising company, they had an average cost per click of $5.86, and were spending around $1,600 – $1,800 a month on PPC advertising. After switching over to PatientGain.com, they now had an average cost per click of $3.85, which increased the number of clicks they got per month by 166% with the same $1,600 budget. Their campaign also saw increased CTR and Quality Score ratings, and within days they saw the difference at the clinic, as more and more patients were reporting they found the clinic on Google. After analyzing where their patients were coming from a few months after making the switch, they found they were seeing 17 to 22 more patients per month who reported they found the clinic through Google. With a more effective and efficient campaign designed and managed by PatientGain.com, they increased the number of patients they saw with the exact same advertising budget.
8 Strategies That Work for Medical Practices
- Awesome website – must be intelligent and focused on conversion. Intelligence means conversion tracking CRM for your website. 88 percent of the patients looking for medical services will contact you by calling you or simply finding you on a map. Majority of the time it is Google Maps. To read more about Conversion Websites for doctors, please click here.
- Google SEO Optimizations for specific keywords, like “Urgent Care OKC” – in this case a patient is looking for an Urgent Care in Oklahoma City. To read more about SEO for doctors please click here.
- Google Local Optimizations. To read more about LOCAL SEO for doctors please click here.
- Content of the website. To read more about Content Marketing for doctors please click here.
- PPC Advertising (specifically Google PPC). To read more about PPC for doctors please click here.
- Facebook Advertising. To read more about Facebook Advertising for doctors please click here.
- Monthly Email Marketing. To read more about Email Marketing for doctors please click here.
- Patient Reviews Marketing & Reputation Management – Minimize negative reviews, Maximize positive reviews. To read more about Reputation Management for doctors please click here.
Medical Practice Marketing – Using PPC Advertising
PPC and SEO also known as Search Engine Optimization for doctors and medical clinics should not be confused with “Online Advertising”, they are related but separate strategies for patient acquisition. For detailed SEO for Doctors page, please go here.
Common question asked is PPC Advertising right for my clinic? The answer is YES. We have hundreds of examples to share with you. In a sample recent review of 162 medical clinics, we found that if a medical clinic is running PPC Advertising, 98 percent of these clinics have increased their patient count over a period when they were not using PPC Advertising.
Another very common question is asked “How PatientGain.com’s approach to online advertising helps our customers get better results?” Lets review the image below. You will see attention to detail and technical know-how how online advertising works and domain knowledge about healthcare and major trends like Mobile Advertising & Marketing for Doctors and Medical Practices.
Medical Practice Marketing – Results from Online Advertising for Doctors
In this case, PatientGain.com’s customer for 3 years had excellent SEO results, excellent maps listings, excellent online reviews. Competition had been growing steadily. Patient volume, on average 63 patients per day – but facing stiff competition from 2 new clinics. PatientGain.com project manager had been encouraging the customer to start PPC ads on Google – but customer declined. Finally one day they started noticing ads for their new competitors. By launching an aggressive PPC advertising campaign, the customer experienced an increase of 18 percent in the first 2 weeks. Measured month over month compared to previous years, overall increase was 23 percent. The additional cost of PPC advertising by off set by increased number of patients and higher volume of higher margin procedures. PatientGain.com recommends Google Adwords PPC for majority of its customers for an excellent ROI.
Whether you’re running your own campaign, or if you’re currently using a consultant or another company to manage your campaigns, we believe PatientGain.com’s campaigns can improve your clinic’s patient visitation. In short, our ability to give you better results through advertising comes from a few factors: AdWords Expertise, Healthcare Industry Knowledge, and Exceptional Campaign Performance.
PatientGain.com platform’s success not only comes from the powerful apps and software, but also from our team who are experts in healthcare marketing through years of experience. All of our customers’ campaigns are managed by our dedicated PPC team, all of whom have multiple Google AdWords certifications. Through our team’s expertise, and our campaign’s stellar performance, we are also a Certified Premier Google Partner.
6 Steps for Online Advertising Success For Doctors
Step No 1.
As medical practitioners, we have to realize that patient behavior is changing. Patients are now looking for medical services online. 88 percent of patients search online for medical services and clinic information. Even 47 percent of existing patients look for additional, related services online on your own website or your competitor’s websites. So you must be present on the Web. 60 percent to 72 percent of patients look for your services, check your online reviews, using a mobile device. Make sure that you have website that is focused on Mobile Marketing for doctors. Here are many examples of great ( and free Mobile, responsive and intelligent) websites. Once your medical practice is online, there are 5 additional important areas to cover.
Step No 2.
In US, approximately, 78 percent of the time, your patients are going to use Google search engine to look for medical related services, reviews and other information. So your first step is have a top notch Google presence. Other places are important also, like Facebook, Yahoo, Bing etc. But start with Google. There are 6 important aspects of Google presence.
- Google Local Listing for your medical practice
- Google Maps, verified listing
- Google Reviews rankings
- Google Posts
- Google Organic results
- Google Paid Search
Each of these should be addressed by your online strategy for your medical practice. Many doctors and practice managers think that having a nice looking website will suffice. Unfortunately it is no longer enough to have a nice website and a Facebook page.
Each of the above mentioned 6 important aspects of Google presence require attention to detail, time and commitment, not to mention financial investment.
Step No 3.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Practices can be defined in many ways. To provide you with a high level guidance, these 5 areas are most important:
A. Google Local Listing for your medical practice
- Create a Google account
- Add you clinic’s accurate information – Name, address are the most important information – Phone should be checked.
- If your practice’s information is incorrect, you will have correct it
- You may have to claim your listing also.
- In certain cases you may have duplicate listings, these should be resolved.
- There are dozens of other Local directories – They should be checked and updated. But Google, Facebook, Yelp, Yahoo/bing are the most important ones. Start with these.
B. Google Maps, verified listing
- Create a Google account
- Add you clinic’s accurate information in the Maps
- If your practice’s information is in correct, you will have correct it – sometime the Map Pin is Inaccurate
- You may have to claim your Map listing also.
- In certain cases you may have duplicate listings, these should be resolved.
- There are many of other map based directories – They should be checked and updated. But Google, Map Quest, Apple Map are the most important.
C. Google Reviews rankings
- Create a Google account
- Check you reviews and ratings
- If your practice’s reviews are 4.5 and over 100 reviews on Google, then you are doing well. If less than this, you will need to focus on this area.
- Other important review sites are Yelp, Facebook and HealthGrades. But start with Google.
D. Google Posts
Posting on Google is a new way to share relevant, fresh content with the people who are searching for you. Use images, videos and even animated GIFs to engage your audience, and add inline links to drive traffic to specific content. This enhanced format allows searchers to hear directly from the primary source — you — and complements existing results from across the web. One important note the Google Posts expire every week. You have to post every week.
E. Google Organic results
Your content on your website is the most important factor on your website. Content refers to your text, headings, sub-headings, main paragraph, images, videos, blogs etc. Your website must contain non-copied, non-plagiarized content.
Step No 4.
Every year, billions of dollars are spent on online advertising. Very broadly, online advertising can be divided into 2 main categories:
- Display advertising
- Search advertising
As a doctor and a medical practice manager, both of these are important for you. You can acquire new patients using both of these mediums.
Display advertising is a type of online advertising that comes in several forms, including banner ads, rich media and more. Unlike text-based ads, display advertising relies on elements such as images, audio and video to communicate an advertising message. For example, if your potential patient is on Facebook and has recently clicked on or watched a video related to Breast Augmentation medical procedure and treatment, ads related this subject can be displayed to the potential patients. This is an example of display ads.
Search advertising is very common. Every time you are on Google and type a search term, lets say “Urgent Care near me”, Google search engine will usually display ads on the top of the web page. In the middle, there is a map, reviews and business listings, and at the bottom, there are organic or free search results. The advertisers pay a fee to display their ads in the top area. If a user clicks on any of the ads, the advertiser pays a fee for each “Click” This is called Pay-Per-Click advertising. For medical practices and doctors, this is very effective and creates excellent ROI. Google PPC ads produce excellent results, however it is complex and requires a professional to manage your campaign.
Step No 5.
Reviews marketing is another emerging area. Online reviews are impacting decisions of your prospect patients dramatically. This is one area that will make your medical clinic shine or impact negatively more than any other strategy. In fact it should not be a marketing strategy, it should be a necessity.
There are 4 ways to acquire positive reviews, and at the same time, minimize negative reviews. So your marketing strategy should be to minimize any negative reviews, and maximize positive reviews.
4 Ways to acquire online reviews
- Using SMS/Texting apps. A text is sent to a patient asking for feedback after a visit.
- Using Email apps. An Email is sent to a patient asking for feedback after a visit.
- Using an iPad in the lobby. A patient is asked to provide feedback right after the visit.
- Using Social Media or your Website. An app can be added to your business page on Facebook or your website, asking patients to provide feedback.
There is no quick and foolproof way do this “quickly”. There are pros and cons for each approach. Google and Yelp understand that businesses are striving to acquire more positive reviews and “bury” negative feedback, their algorithms are aware of SMS requests for reviews – and they are blocking reviews posted using SMS originated requests. Having an iPad in the lobby can cause block of IP Address and so on.
Step No 6.
Social Media Marketing is another very important aspect of your marketing. Your potential and existing are hanging around on Facebook. You have to make it easy for them to do business with you. Here are 5 steps.
5 Steps for Facebook Success for Doctors & Medical Practices
- Create Facebook Business Page for your medical practice.
- Optimize FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice.
- Add apps to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. For example, add Contact Us app, add Appointment Requests app, add Promotions app.
- Add content to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice
- Advertise your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice on Facebook – There are multiple ways to promote your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. You can hire a professional ( recommended ) or do it yourself. Professionals who are certified advertising professionals will produce better results for you.
Summary for Online Success For Doctors
These 6 steps are proven to add value for hundreds of medical practices. There are many other steps you can take to further improve your strategy. Monthly Email Marketing is another strategy, among many others. Contact us so we can help you and view details GOLD package here.
4 Important Components of a Advertising & Marketing Plan for Your Medical Practice & Clinic
Traditionally, marketing experts tell us that there are 4 key components of your Medical Marketing Plan.
- The Product or Service – This will be service offerings for your medical practice. For example, if you an Urgent Care clinic, do you offer service to patients based on 12 major categories. Examples will be Onsite X-ray, DOT Physical exams, Lab-test results, Ports Physicals, Simple Fracture treatment, Travel medicine, Immunizations etc. If you are MedSpa / Esthetic based practice, you may want to define your product/service strategy based on competition and availability of your staff’s credentials. For example, if you want to offer “CoolSculpting”, you will need to make an investment in purchasing this technology and then training of your staff. So each medical service you offer has a cost associated with it, and of course there could be tangible benefits for your medical practice. So your marketing plan must have a focus on which “services” you are going to offer. And each service deserves its SWOT analysis.
- The Price of the Service – In many cases, this is driven by the insurance company payouts to you. But there are certain procedures that are not covered by the insurance payments. There are additional strategies available to you here. Each patient can be divided into 3 main categories.
- PPO or Full Insurance – These insurance plans pay fixed amount for each procedure for in-network vs out-of-network procedures.
- Self-Pay Patients – Patient pays directly to the provider – you have leverage to provide better service than your competitors and charge more.
- High-Deductible plans – In this case, as an example, patients typically have to pay initial $4000-$10000 out of their pockets. After ta patient has spent these amounts on deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, then the medical insurance plan pays 100% of the costs of covered benefits. Many patients consider that first $4000-$10000 as something that have to “shop” for prices, hence you have an opportunity to apply your own marketing strategy on how to attract these patients to your practice.
- The Place or Location of Service – For most parts, healthcare delivery system in USA and Canada is very local. Telemedicine can change this in the future, but for now patients typically go to a “local” provider. This is evidenced by 2000% plus increase in Google searches for “Urgent care near me” or “Sleep Apnea doctor near me” or hundreds of other variations based on mobile patients searching for services “near” a patient. So your Place or Location matters.
- The Promotion(marketing) or Advertising of Service – This is one area, where you have true leverage to dominate your medical field. Your medical plan must include the promotion of your service. There are generally 2 main sub-areas for promotion of medical services:
- Traditional Advertising & Promotions – Traditional marketing – includes newspapers, yellow pages, billboards, referrals from peers, networking with other providers and suppliers.
- Online Advertising & Promotions – This refers to digital marketing and digital advertising to acquire more patients and retain existing patient base. This area is exhaustive. It includes, Website, SEO, Social Media, Email Marketing and many other areas.
Healthcare Advertising VS Healthcare Marketing
Many healthcare professionals confuse Healthcare Advertising with Healthcare Marketing.
Advertising is just ONE of the many "things", "programs" or "techniques" launched to achieve a successful Marketing Program. So Medical advertising is one, but very important part of Medical Marketing for a practice. For example if you are a pediatric physician with focus on urgent care for children, and your goal is to acquire more patients, you may want to "market" your practice in 20 mile radius for potential parents of patients who may seek Pediatric Urgent Care. For this effort you would typically have many things to do :
Step 1: Sign for the building
Step 2: Business cards
Step 3: Doctor's bio printed and promoted to local primary care physicians
Step 4: Providing free "meet-and-greet" for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 5: Collaboration with local schools for "low-cost" physicals for school athletes
Step 6: Mail drop in 5 mile radius using USPS mail and flyers for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 7: Networking with other local businesses close to your own location
Step 8: Using social media campaigns
Step 9: Making the lobby of the clinic a pleasing place for parents of potential pediatric patients and for children
Step 10: Referral program to market using existing for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 11: Launching your online strategy to market your practice
Step 12: Offline advertising offline for your healthcare practice
Step 13: Online Advertising for your healthcare practice
Healthcare Advertising Defined
Advertising for doctors can be offline or online. Offline advertising for doctors refers to Billboards, Newspapers, Paper Yellow Pages, Ads in Cinemas, Radio Ads.
Online Advertising for doctors refers to advertising focused on internet based mediums. For example:
- Google search advertising
- Facebook display ads
- SEO / Search Engine Optimizations
- Website conversion techniques to improve the actual patients generation from your website
- Advertising on Instagram
- Email marketing
- SMS/Text based marketing
- Display advertising
PatientGain.com is a certified premier google partner for healthcare.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.