Content Marketing for Doctors & Medical Practices
Medical Marketing Platform from PatientGain.com creates new content for your clinic to send out each month, sets up your campaigns, and automates your email and content marketing strategies.
Many doctors and clinic owners have trouble keeping their patients engaged with their clinics, and as a result they struggle with their patient retention. Clinics that utilize content marketing to keep in touch with patients are able to both increase the number of times that patients come to their clinic, and increase the long term value of that patient. Keeping in touch with your past patients, or prospective patients, normally requires a lot of time and effort in outreach from your staff, but with PatientGain.com your patient engagement has never been easier.
Content should never be plagiarized, and it should promote three important areas:
1. Your business, practice name, location, address, brand
2. Your services, for example, if you offer ketamine for depression, mention how it helps patients, are there any side effects, how many treatments are typical, who is an ideal patient etc.
3. Your providers. Start with your own bio, mention your schools, credentials, degrees. Any associations and charity work? mention it. Then do the same for every provider.
Content should be written as you are speaking to the patient. Focus of the content should be to provide useful information for a patient AND it should also mention and softly “sell” benefits.
Content should target patients and search engines. They are both equally important. Learn more about Medical SEO here and how it impacts your healthcare business
What Is Content & Why Is It Important?
1) Text, words and sentences – useful information for the reader.
2) Images with relevant tags and links
3) Videos, diagrams, and other visual aids that support the main headings, sub headings and actual paragraph text.
This information is consumed by your prospect and existing patients in the form of Website pages, Blogs, Facebook Posts, Email Newsletters, Images on Instagram, Feeds on Twitter, SMS text messages on mobile devices. Hence your medical marketing content should be interesting, attractive, useful, and provide value to your prospect patient or an existing patient. Unique quality content on your own website is the single most important factor for higher SEO rankings for doctors and medical practices.
PatientGain.com platform contains 6 different apps that help you with Content Marketing. Medical Content Distribution Engine is new product from PatientGain.com.
Your Patients Are Online. They Are on Facebook, Google, Mobile, Email, Blogs and Your Website! Use PatientGain.com’s Apps to Push Content to All Mediums.
6 Tips for Content Writers for Medical Marketing
- Start with End in mind. In the Heading 1- use the Main Specific Keyword as the main anchor key word.
- Heading 2 should have supporting information related to the Main Specific Keyword
- Start with a short paragraph. Address the reader with “you” active words. Relate to the reader. Get the reader’s attention.
- Use an image or video next. If you use a video, keep it short and to the point. make sure video is embedded and does not take the user away from the page.
- Rest of the page should have examples and testimonials mixed with pictures and additional useful and supporting information related to Main Specific Keyword
- Call to action can be anywhere on your page. A contact form or link to a take a specific action is an excellent strategy.
Why A.C.L. Strategy for Your Medical Marketing Website?
Every page on your website should be created with A.C.L. Strategy. (Attention, Care, Love.)
- Attention : Does the page gets the patient’s Attention? If a patient is looking for “DOT Physical Exams” do you have useful information on your page?
- Care : Does the page provide useful information for the Search Engines? Carefully crafted page has 18 important factors. Search engines love pages with unique, quality content – content must have high relevancy score.
- Love : Is the page written with LOVE and focus – to provide useful information for the reader? Does it have quality text, relevant pictures, beautiful branded images and links to useful videos?
SEO for Medical Practices Using Unique Content
Adding unique quality content to your website with proper headings and tags is very important. In this figure below – you can see that each page of a website is audited by PatientGain.com’s staff and software to provide rankings for unique content. This step is setting up a new website is crucial to achieving excellent rankings. Anything less than 96% unique should be rejected. To read more about SEO for Medical Practices please go here.
Medical Content Marketing
With PatientGain.com’s Medical Content Marketing Automation apps, your clinic can send out marketing campaigns and newsletters that grab the interest of your patients, all with just one click of the mouse. PatientGain.com creates new content for your clinic to send out each month, sets up your campaigns, and automates your email and content marketing strategies. Keep patients engaged and in touch with professional newsletters, promotions, and other news from your clinic, without having to spend hours of time setting-up and executing your campaigns. There are 5 Facebook apps available – These apps display content on your Facebook business page.
An effective content marketing strategy is key if you want to increase your patient retention, and get a greater lifetime value from each patient. PatientGain.com has helped hundreds of clinics across the US improve their patient engagement strategies, and streamlined their efforts online with help from powerful software.
Content Marketing Using SEO Strategies
Achieving top SEO rankings for doctors and medical practices is a process and not a simple one-time setup. It is time-intensive, requires deep knowledge about your own business and Search Engine technology, costs both money and time to get real results, and it never stops for your business. Read more about Medical Marketing Using SEO Strategies.
Your target audience is Search Engines and Potential Patients – They are both equally important. Your content should be designed to attract both.
Content is the King
Focus on content that benefits your prospect and existing patients. This means that unique, quality content on your own website/mobile site is the king – Content means Text, Images, Tags, Keywords, Videos, Video tags – This is useful information that your prospects and customers can benefit from. Mention and focus on benefits and results that you offer for your customers, show examples, and show reviews and patient feedback. You should have your patient services, offers, specials, and promotions on your website to entice new customers. Create pages that lead a visitor to request more information, and capture their email, phone number etc. Make sure to constantly add new content and keep your website interesting for potential leads, and list your business in appropriate directories so it’s discoverable. Page speed can be an important factor ( according to Google ). HTTPS – Secure encryption hosting of your site can be an important factor ( according to Google ). There are hundreds of “small” factors, but PatientGain.com recommends that your contents still the most important factor. Here are additional content related items you should focus on. This list is designed so you understand that your have 2 audiences No 1. Humans (your patients) 2. Search Engines.
Item no 1. Age of the domain/website. If your website has been on WWW for 3 years and Google, Bing, Yahoo have catalogued your website ( even if you do not have good rankings – and you are on page 3 ) you are better off working and improving this site than creating a brand new URL/domain. Age matters – in this case its like wine – older = better chances for improving SEO.
Item no 2. Layout of the website. Proper tags, construction, H1, H2 and paragraph text matters. Every page should be created with care, love and attention. Best results have been achieved by have proper H1, H2, Images ( with proper tags ) and paragraph text. Followed by sub-headings, paragraph text, with images mixed.
Item no 3. Content of each page. Copied or plagiarized content is like shooting yourself. If you must have copied content, you should have “NOFOLLOW” tags. This tells search engines to ignore the page. Humans (your patients) can still read the pages, but search engines should ignore it.
Item no 4. Content of Google My Business page. Your Google My Business (GMB) is extremely important. There are additional 11 steps are required to make sure that your GMB page is effective. Once this is done, then do the exact same steps for Facebook Business Page and then Yelp listing page. The information on these 3 directories should mirror what is on your website.
Item no 5. Content of Social Media. For doctors and medical practices, Facebook is still the no 1 source of new patient leads (not counting Google Search). Facebook, Yelp, Linkedin and Yahoo/Bing are very good places to make sure listings and reviews are showing up.
Item no 6. Content of your online Reviews. For doctors and medical practices, patient reviews can either make you a hero or a zero. So number of positive reviews matter to patients but for search engines, what is written by patients matters. There 12 steps we recommend you should follow for maximizing positive reviews and minimizing negative reviews.
Content Marketing Using Facebook and PatientGain.com’s Content Distribution App
Content is still the king. Content is also the most important factor in determining SEO Rankings for Doctors & Medical Practices. PatientGain.com’s Content App allows content writers and graphic designers to create great content, add to the app and then makes it available to GOLD and PLATINUM medical practices. For example, PatientGain.com’s Facebook Content Posting App provides Ready-To-Go content and posts, based on medical services provided by your medical practice.
Your Content Is the Single Most Important Factor in Your Online Success. 8 Reasons Why Content Is Important.
1. Content defines your medical practice's brand.
2. Content expresses who you are, how you conduct your business.
3. Content is read by the Search Engines - and this results in GOOD or POOR rankings - You should NEVER copy content from another site. Checking ideas from other websites is OK, but copying content is like shooting yourself in the foot.
4. Content can make your marketing flourish.
5. Content can make your advertising irresistible.
6. Social media loves GOOD content.
7. Email marketing with good quality content will give you higher open-rates.
8. Best of all - Patients LOVE Useful content.
PatientGain.com is a proven dental and medical marketing solution, includes apps, websites, SEO, HIPAA compliance and account management.
To learn about What is the Foundation of Medical SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for Doctors
To learn about How SEO Works For Doctors Websites, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Short-cut SEO for Medical Practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Pricing and cost of SEO services for medical practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising?
To learn about Medical SEO Voice Search Optimization For Doctors (BERT)
To learn about Local Medical SEO For Doctors
To learn about Mobile SEO For Medical Websites
To learn about Zero-Click SEO for Doctors & Medical Practices
To learn about Benefits Of Medical SEO Marketing
To learn about Key Items For SEO Evaluation of Medical Websites
To learn about Avoid Risky Plans – Use Proven Medical Marketing Strategies
To learn about Medical Marketing Using Emotionally Compelling Offline Media
To learn about Pre Launch Medical Marketing Checklist for Doctors
To learn about Medical SEO vs. Medical Advertising – Which One Is Better?
To learn about Is Your Medical Website Design “Future Proof”?
To learn about Medical Website Conversion Strategies
To learn about Medical Website Content Marketing Strategy
To learn about How to Acquire New Patients for Your Medical Practice
To learn about Medical Website Applications