Healthcare Referral Marketing for Physician to Physician Referrals – Included in the GOLD Package $599/mon
Medical Marketing Platform from PatientGain.com includes Physician to Physician Referral App. Easily and securely, per HIPAA guidelines, receive and automate referrals from other Physicians. This automated process helps you reduce your staff’s time, and provides a simple dashboard for you to see who is sending you referrals. Automatically send thank you notes, and provide reciprocal support to your physician peers.
5 Best Practices for healthcare referral marketing
- Building “Friends”
- Building “Loyalty” programs
- Building “Referral” programs
- Building “Employee Referral” network
- Using Software to build and and manage referrals.
4 Important Components of a Marketing Plan for Your Medical Practice & Clinic
Traditionally, marketing experts tell us that there are 4 key components of your Medical Marketing Plan.
- The Product or Service – This will be service offerings for your medical practice. For example, if you an Urgent Care clinic, do you offer service to patients based on 12 major categories. Examples will be Onsite X-ray, DOT Physical exams, Lab-test results, Ports Physicals, Simple Fracture treatment, Travel medicine, Immunizations etc. If you are MedSpa / Esthetic based practice, you may want to define your product/service strategy based on competition and availability of your staff’s credentials. For example, if you want to offer “CoolSculpting”, you will need to make an investment in purchasing this technology and then training of your staff. So each medical service you offer has a cost associated with it, and of course there could be tangible benefits for your medical practice. So your marketing plan must have a focus on which “services” you are going to offer. And each service deserves its SWOT analysis.
- The Price of the Service – In many cases, this is driven by the insurance company payouts to you. But there are certain procedures that are not covered by the insurance payments. There are additional strategies available to you here. Each patient can be divided into 3 main categories.
- PPO or Full Insurance – These insurance plans pay fixed amount for each procedure for in-network vs out-of-network procedures.
- Self-Pay Patients – Patient pays directly to the provider – you have leverage to provide better service than your competitors and charge more.
- High-Deductible plans – In this case, as an example, patients typically have to pay initial $4000-$10000 out of their pockets. After ta patient has spent these amounts on deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, then the medical insurance plan pays 100% of the costs of covered benefits. Many patients consider that first $4000-$10000 as something that have to “shop” for prices, hence you have an opportunity to apply your own marketing strategy on how to attract these patients to your practice.
- The Place or Location of Service – For most parts, healthcare delivery system in USA and Canada is very local. Telemedicine can change this in the future, but for now patients typically go to a “local” provider. This is evidenced by 2000% plus increase in Google searches for “Urgent care near me” or “Sleep Apnea doctor near me” or hundreds of other variations based on mobile patients searching for services “near” a patient. So your Place or Location matters.
- The Promotion(marketing) or Advertising of Service – This is one area, where you have true leverage to dominate your medical field. Your medical plan must include the promotion of your service. There are generally 2 main sub-areas for promotion of medical services:
- Offline Promotions – Traditional marketing – includes newspapers, yellow pages, billboards, referrals from peers, networking with other providers and suppliers.
- Online Promotions – This refers to digital marketing and digital advertising to acquire more patients and retain existing patient base.
PatientGain.com’s GOLD Package is focused on your digital marketing & advertising for your medical practice.
Healthcare Advertising VS Healthcare Marketing
Many healthcare professionals confuse Healthcare Advertising with Healthcare Marketing.
Advertising is just ONE of the many "things", "programs" or "techniques" launched to achieve a successful Marketing Program. So Medical advertising is one, but very important part of Medical Marketing for a practice. For example if you are a pediatric physician with focus on urgent care for children, and your goal is to acquire more patients, you may want to "market" your practice in 20 mile radius for potential parents of patients who may seek Pediatric Urgent Care. For this effort you would typically have many things to do :
Step 1: Sign for the building
Step 2: Business cards
Step 3: Doctor's bio printed and promoted to local primary care physicians
Step 4: Providing free "meet-and-greet" for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 5: Collaboration with local schools for "low-cost" physicals for school athletes
Step 6: Mail drop in 5 mile radius using USPS mail and flyers for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 7: Networking with other local businesses close to your own location
Step 8: Using social media campaigns
Step 9: Making the lobby of the clinic a pleasing place for parents of potential pediatric patients and for children
Step 10: Referral program to market using existing for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 11: Launching your online strategy to market your practice
Step 12: Offline advertising offline for your healthcare practice
Step 13: Online Advertising for your healthcare practice
Healthcare Advertising Defined
Advertising for doctors can be offline or online. Offline advertising for doctors refers to Billboards, Newspapers, Paper Yellow Pages, Ads in Cinemas, Radio Ads.
Online Advertising for doctors refers to advertising focused on internet based mediums. For example:
- Google search advertsing
- Facebook display ads
- SEO / Search Engine Optimizations
- Website conversion techniques to improve the actual patients generation from your website
- Advertising on Instagram
- Email marketing
- SMS/Text based marketing
- Display advertising
8 Strategies That Work for Physician Marketing
- Awesome website – must be intelligent and focused on conversion. Intelligence means conversion tracking CRM for your website. 88 percent of the patients looking for medical services will contact you by calling you or simply finding you on a map. Medical chatbots are extremely important also. we see 6 percentage to 8 percentage increase in conversions by using intelligent medical chatbots on medical websites. Conversion apps that use geo or location based information and guide a patient to your medical practice, without sending the patient to a competitor, asl increase your conversions. Having a an accurate Google maps listing is very helpful. To read more about Conversion Websites for doctors, please click here.
- Google SEO Optimizations for specific keywords, like “Urgent Care OKC” – in this case a patient is looking for an Urgent Care in Oklahoma City. To read more about SEO for doctors please click here.
- Google Local Optimizations. To read more about LOCAL SEO for doctors please click here.
- Content of the website. To read more about Content Marketing for doctors please click here.
- PPC Advertising (specifically Google PPC). To read more about PPC for doctors please click here.
- Facebook Advertising. To read more about Facebook Advertising for doctors please click here.
- Monthly Email Marketing. To read more about Email Marketing for doctors please click here.
- Patient Reviews Marketing & Reputation Management – Minimize negative reviews, Maximize positive reviews. To read more about Reputation Management for doctors please click here.
Emotional Medical Marketing Techniques and Strategy
Emotional Medical Marketing is focused on healthcare advertising and marketing that appeals to a potential patient’s emotional state and desire. Here are 4 examples:
Example 1 : Medical Weight Loss Clinic : An example of this type medical marketing is a weight-loss clinic show casing a thin person (usually an actor or a past real patient) and using a testimonial along with an “attractive” image of a thin person.
Example 2 : A Medspa or Aesthetics clinic may display before and after picture of a past patient who used Botox(r) injections. Plastic Surgeons use a LOT OF EMOTIONAL Medical Marketing.
Example 3 : An Urgent Care practice may show picture of empty and clean waiting rooms. This appeals to a patient looking for an immediate care, and who does not want to wait in long lines at the emergency room.
Example 4 : A dental practice may show picture of patient with beautiful, perfect white teeth, along with an unforgettable smile.
The results and ROI of Emotional Medical Marketing are immense. And PatientGain data shows that patients have become acceptable to this practice and they “attach” themselves to a brand more than a brand who focuses on “prices” only.
Medical Marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
Many practice managers often confuse medical practices objectives and goals with medical marketing KPIs.
Goals and Objectives for your medical practice can be as follows: (these are examples)
- Increase daily patient count at location in Palo Alto California by 20 patients per day in the next 12 months
- Increase patient satisfaction by 30% at location in Palo Alto California in the next 12 months
- Reduce patient acquisition costs by 10%at location in Palo Alto California in the next 6 months
In order to achieve these goals, objectives or desired business results, the practice manager or medical director of a practice has to typically consider "how" to achieve these desired goals. Next step to select software, vendors, service providers and consultants for these various tasks. Sometime the practice manager or medical director has enough resources like an internal staff like marketing manager who can oversee these initiatives and provide status to the practice manager or medical director. Once the practice manager or medical director has established a strategy, he or she has to come up with KPIs to measure ongoing progress and success of each area.
Working with hundreds of healthcare providers, PatientGain.com has established that there are 6 key KPIs for your medical marketing strategy. These are built into you Medical Marketing Dashboards.
Most Important KPIs. There are many - actually hundreds of ways to measure what happens online to promote your practice/clinic. Some of them are simply "noise"- We recommend the follow as a best practice.
- Actual Patient Count - no one will question you if your actual patient count increases
- No Number of phone calls - 73 percent of patients still want to "call you"
- Appointment requests/inquiries - Using apps on Facebook and your mobile site allow patients to request an appointment
- Local SEO Rankings - Extremely important to optimize Google, Yelp and Facebook business pates
- Organic SEO Rankings
- PPC Data & Metrics
- Engagement Data - Social Media - Facebook Posts
- Mobile Engagement Data
- Emails Marketing
- Non-Social Engagement
5 Steps for Facebook Success for Doctors & Medical Practices
Use Social Media Apps To Acquire New Patients and Engage & Service Existing Patients
Social Media Marketing is another very important aspect of your marketing. Your potential and existing are hanging around on Facebook. You have to make it easy for them to do business with you. Here are 5 steps.
5 Steps for Facebook Success for Doctors & Medical Practices
- Create Facebook Business Page for your medical practice.
- Optimize FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice.
- Add apps to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. For example, add Contact Us app, add Appointment Requests app, add Promotions app.
- Add content to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice
- Advertise your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice on Facebook – There are multiple ways to promote your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. You can hire a professional ( recommended ) or do it yourself. Professionals who are certified advertising professionals will produce better results for you.
PatientGain.com is a certified premier google partner for healthcare.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.