Mobile Marketing For Doctors & Medical Practices & Clinics Costs $599/mon.
Results Driven Mobile Marketing Technology Results In Increased Patients & Clients For Doctors & Medical Clinics. Call (650) 469-1313.
Review of 162 online campaigns reveals that 72 percent of the patients are searching for medical services on a mobile device. Exactly the same test revealed that this number was 54 percent 12 months ago. PatientGain.com predicts that this number will be close to 90 percent in the next few years.
It is no secret that more and more users ( patients and clients ) of your medical clinic are using the mobile devices to find your clinic and once they are your customer, they use the same device to interact and engage with you. In fact somewhere between 70% to 88% of your potential and existing patients/clients are doing so.
Patient engagement and patient acquisition is moving to mobile. PatientGain.com’s platform is designed so that you can easily take advantage of this trend.
Mobile User Experience Starts When A User Searches For Your Service Or Medical Clinic
Let us walk you through an example. Mobile user experience starts when a user searches for your service or medical clinic. A typical potential patient would do a Google search. Our data shows 81 percent of the patient searches initiate on Google search engine, Yahoo + Bing are approx 8 percent and rest are all others. In the example below, user searches for a clinic type followed by a city name.
Medical Patient Browsing Data and Results
1) Google is still the best source for acquiring new patients.
2) The top area is for paid ads – if you do not have a targeted and extremely optimized PPC (Pay-Per-Click) campaign, you are likely to miss out on 78 % of the potential patients.
3) Next important area is Google Business Listings, Google+
4) Google Maps is tightly integrated to Google+ Business Listings – Very Important for Mobile Experience.
5) 88% of users pay attention to Google Reviews – Probably the most accurate reviews are on Google+ – So you must have a stack of POSITIVE REVIEWS on Google+ with at least 4.3 rating or higher
6) Most of the users will stay right here ( on mobile devices ) and will not scroll further due to the size of the screen
7) Organic listings are further down, and require the user to scroll further down.It does not mean that you should ignore this, it means that mobile users do not scroll down that often.
What Happens Next?
So all of these are important – as your objective is that a potential patient/client clicks on your ad or link and lands on your website. Once the user is on your mobile optimized website, the mobile site has to do the selling and cause the patient to take an action.This “action” is called a “conversion”. A conversion could mean a call to your clinic, click on directions or click on any other images/links that mean something useful for your medical clinic ( like signing up for a free consultation offer, a newsletter sign up etc ).
Medical Patient Conversion Guidelines
1) Your mobile site should be responsive to the devices.
2) It must be INTELLIGENT & if you are a medical clinic, then it should be running on secure HIPAA compliant servers. Malware can be easily added to any non-secure website – and this malware gets downloaded on the user’s device as they view a site.
3) It should also be an A/B Tested website.
4) It should not have links that can distract the patient – Use your BRANDING on the top area
5) Only most important information should be on the top area – All information should be force-ranked
6) Limit scrolling by providing most important information first
7) Use the technology to gather user’s behavior
8) Use the gathered data to improve the layout and conversion of the patients – PatientGain.com compares your data against the BEST CLINICS and improves your performance
9) Embedded apps on your mobile site will increase your conversion rates dramatically
Should I Change My Email Marketing For Mobile Marketing?
62 percent of your patients are opening your Emails on mobile devices. As a clinic owner, you should continue to focus on Monthly Email Marketing but make sure that your Emails are Mobile Optimized. They should be in a single column layout and easy to read – with larger text and mixed with images followed by brief text – and then links to your conversion website.
The content in Emails should be useful for the prospect patient or an existing patient. For example on 4th of July national holiday, a nice Email with wishing happy 4th of July and a reminder that your hours will be 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, is a great way to stay in touch with your patients without “selling” anything. But this Email campaign has served its purpose – It reminds them that you are there if they need you. They may book-mark your website, call you from their mobile device, book an online appointment right from their Mobile Device or click on your social media link or may even show up for your services!
Can I Manage My Medical Marketing From a Mobile Device?
Your clinic’s marketing data is available on your iPad – PatientGain.com also provides login using your cell phone, iPhone , android etc, but when you login from a cell phone you see a subset of the apps.
Can I Respond to Patients/Clients From a Mobile Device?
Using iPad or another device like iPad, you have complete access to all apps and ability to respond to requests, confirm appointments, manage lists, manage patient CRM and all other features.
PatientGain.com has these technologies and best practices for medical clinic advertising and marketing. Mobile and full websites are always free for medical clinics. Contact us.
6 Steps for Online Success For Clinics
Step No 1.
As medical practitioners, we have to realize that patient behavior is changing. Patients are now looking for medical services online. 88 percent of patients search online for medical services and clinic information. Even 47 percent of existing patients look for additional, related services online on your own website or your competitor’s websites. So you must be present on the Web. 60 percent to 72 percent of patients look for your services, check your online reviews, using a mobile device. Make sure that you have website that is focused on Mobile Marketing for doctors. Here are many examples of great ( and free Mobile, responsive and intelligent) websites. Once your medical practice is online, there are 5 additional important areas to cover.
Step No 2.
In US, approximately, 78 percent of the time, your patients are going to use Google search engine to look for medical related services, reviews and other information. So your first step is have a top notch Google presence. Other places are important also, like Facebook, Yahoo, Bing etc. But start with Google. There are 6 important aspects of Google presence.
- Google Local Listing for your medical practice
- Google Maps, verified listing
- Google Reviews rankings
- Google Posts
- Google Organic results
- Google Paid Search
Each of these should be addressed by your online strategy for your medical practice. Many doctors and practice managers think that having a nice looking website will suffice. Unfortunately it is no longer enough to have a nice website and a Facebook page.
Each of the above mentioned 6 important aspects of Google presence require attention to detail, time and commitment, not to mention financial investment.
Step No 3.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Practices can be defined in many ways. To provide you with a high level guidance, these 5 areas are most important:
A. Google Local Listing for your medical practice
- Create a Google account
- Add you clinic’s accurate information – Name, address are the most important information – Phone should be checked.
- If your practice’s information is incorrect, you will have correct it
- You may have to claim your listing also.
- In certain cases you may have duplicate listings, these should be resolved.
- There are dozens of other Local directories – They should be checked and updated. But Google, Facebook, Yelp, Yahoo/bing are the most important ones. Start with these.
B. Google Maps, verified listing
- Create a Google account
- Add you clinic’s accurate information in the Maps
- If your practice’s information is in correct, you will have correct it – sometime the Map Pin is Inaccurate
- You may have to claim your Map listing also.
- In certain cases you may have duplicate listings, these should be resolved.
- There are many of other map based directories – They should be checked and updated. But Google, Map Quest, Apple Map are the most important.
C. Google Reviews rankings
- Create a Google account
- Check you reviews and ratings
- If your practice’s reviews are 4.5 and over 100 reviews on Google, then you are doing well. If less than this, you will need to focus on this area.
- Other important review sites are Yelp, Facebook and HealthGrades. But start with Google.
D. Google Posts
Posting on Google is a new way to share relevant, fresh content with the people who are searching for you. Use images, videos and even animated GIFs to engage your audience, and add inline links to drive traffic to specific content. This enhanced format allows searchers to hear directly from the primary source — you — and complements existing results from across the web. One important note the Google Posts expire every week. You have to post every week.
E. Google Organic results
Your content on your website is the most important factor on your website. Content refers to your text, headings, sub-headings, main paragraph, images, videos, blogs etc. Your website must contain non-copied, non-plagiarized content.
Step No 4.
Every year, billions of dollars are spent on online advertising. Very broadly, online advertising can be divided into 2 main categories:
- Display advertising
- Search advertising
As a doctor and a medical practice manager, both of these are important for you. You can acquire new patients using both of these mediums.
Display advertising is a type of online advertising that comes in several forms, including banner ads, rich media and more. Unlike text-based ads, display advertising relies on elements such as images, audio and video to communicate an advertising message. For example, if your potential patient is on Facebook and has recently clicked on or watched a video related to Breast Augmentation medical procedure and treatment, ads related this subject can be displayed to the potential patients. This is an example of display ads.
Search advertising is very common. Every time you are on Google and type a search term, lets say “Urgent Care near me”, Google search engine will usually display ads on the top of the web page. In the middle, there is a map, reviews and business listings, and at the bottom, there are organic or free search results. The advertisers pay a fee to display their ads in the top area. If a user clicks on any of the ads, the advertiser pays a fee for each “Click” This is called Pay-Per-Click advertising. For medical practices and doctors, this is very effective and creates excellent ROI. Google PPC ads produce excellent results, however it is complex and requires a professional to manage your campaign.
Step No 5.
Reviews marketing is another emerging area. Online reviews are impacting decisions of your prospect patients dramatically. This is one area that will make your medical clinic shine or impact negatively more than any other strategy. In fact it should not be a marketing strategy, it should be a necessity.
There are 4 ways to acquire positive reviews, and at the same time, minimize negative reviews. So your marketing strategy should be to minimize any negative reviews, and maximize positive reviews.
4 Ways to acquire online reviews
- Using Texting/SMS apps. A text is sent to a patient asking for feedback after a visit.
- Using Email apps. An Email is sent to a patient asking for feedback after a visit.
- Using an iPad in the lobby. A patient is asked to provide feedback right after the visit.
- Using Social Media or your Website. An app can be added to your business page on Facebook or your website, asking patients to provide feedback.
There is no quick and foolproof way do this “quickly”. There are pros and cons for each approach. Google and Yelp understand that businesses are striving to acquire more positive reviews and “bury” negative feedback, their algorithms are aware of SMS requests for reviews – and they are blocking reviews posted using SMS originated requests. Having an iPad in the lobby can cause block of IP Address and so on.
Step No 6.
Social Media Marketing is another very important aspect of your marketing. Your potential and existing are hanging around on Facebook. You have to make it easy for them to do business with you. Here are 5 steps.
5 Steps for Facebook Success for Doctors & Medical Practices
- Create Facebook Business Page for your medical practice.
- Optimize FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice.
- Add apps to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. For example, add Contact Us app, add Appointment Requests app, add Promotions app.
- Add content to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice
- Advertise your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice on Facebook – There are multiple ways to promote your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. You can hire a professional ( recommended ) or do it yourself. Professionals who are certified advertising professionals will produce better results for you.
Summary for Online Success For Doctors
These 6 steps are proven to add value for hundreds of medical practices. There are many other steps you can take to further improve your strategy. Monthly Email Marketing is another strategy, among many others. Contact us so we can help you and view details GOLD package here.
PatientGain.com is a proven dental and medical marketing solution, includes apps, websites, SEO, HIPAA compliance and account management.
To learn about What is the Foundation of Medical SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for Doctors
To learn about How SEO Works For Doctors Websites, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Short-cut SEO for Medical Practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Pricing and cost of SEO services for medical practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising?
To learn about Medical SEO Voice Search Optimization For Doctors (BERT)
To learn about Local Medical SEO For Doctors
To learn about Mobile SEO For Medical Websites
To learn about Zero-Click SEO for Doctors & Medical Practices
To learn about Benefits Of Medical SEO Marketing
To learn about Key Items For SEO Evaluation of Medical Websites
To learn about Avoid Risky Plans – Use Proven Medical Marketing Strategies
To learn about Medical Marketing Using Emotionally Compelling Offline Media
To learn about Pre Launch Medical Marketing Checklist for Doctors
To learn about Medical SEO vs. Medical Advertising – Which One Is Better?
To learn about Is Your Medical Website Design “Future Proof”?
To learn about Medical Website Conversion Strategies
To learn about Medical Website Content Marketing Strategy
To learn about How to Acquire New Patients for Your Medical Practice
To learn about Medical Website Applications