Website Design For Physicians
If you own or operate a healthcare clinic, your medical website is vital to your patient acquisition. Website design and marketing is included in the GOLD service. Costs $599/mon
There is no advertising and engagement medium, past or present, that compares to an excellent SEO optimized conversion website.
But not all websites are designed and built equal. If your clinic’s website doesn’t utilize software intelligence, or effective patient conversion strategies, your patient acquisition is going to suffer. Through working with hundreds of healthcare providers across the country, PatientGain.com has learned that patient acquisition and retention for doctors and clinics requires much more than a flat website and a social media page. Doctors and practices across the US have boosted their patient generation and created lasting patient relationships by using PatientGain.com’s healthcare marketing platform. By integrating your practice’s website and marketing strategy with intelligent software, you’re able to improve your results while also spending less time running these activities.
With PatientGain.com’s medical website applications, your practice puts intelligence and software automation behind its website. Empower your practice with powerful Apps, so you can increase patient recalls, prevent broken appointments, effectively communicate health advisories, and improve your patients’ wellness and compliance.
Future Of Medical Website Design For Doctors
Smart medical website with artificial intelligence and HIPAA compliant CRM is the wave of the future. Included in the the GOLD service from PatientGain.com
Your medical practice needs an intelligent website. Too often, doctors and owners of medical practices will have a custom-built “WordPress pretty” website. Yes, it may be visually appealing, and the aesthetics might be what you want. However, just because something looks pretty on your desktop computer doesn’t mean it’s a useful website for your current and potential patients. Read more.
Medical Website For Doctors Example Data
Doctor Simmons practice has been in business for 30+ years. Medical practice has physicians who are board-certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and are fully capable of providing common women’s healthcare services and performing advanced procedures. Some of the many services provided at Dr Simmon’s practice include well-women exams, contraception, STD screening, menstrual cycle disorder treatment, infertility, uterine fibroid and endometriosis treatment, female sexual dysfunction treatment, menopause symptom relief, and more. Medical practice also performs minimally invasive Laparoscopic and Robotic surgeries.
In the past they had to build relationships with primary care providers, local hospitals and of course advertise in local yellow pages. About 10 years ago they launched their first website. The website design is pretty and provides essential information. However, in the last 3 years multiple clinics have opened up within 12 mile radius. Competition is stiff now. This caused Dr Simmons to go to Google and search for “marketing for women’s health clinics” . The data below outlines the impact of a good medical website design for Dr Simmon’s practice.
In this example outlined below, based on real customer.
Month 1 to 3 after the medical website redesign launch:
Month 1 – Feb 2020 : 8 web leads and 4 new patient phone calls = 12 leads.
Month 2 – Mar 2020 : 55 web leads and 23 new patient phone calls = 78 leads. (Start of COVID-19)
Month 3 – Apr 2020 : 49 web leads and 20 new patient phone calls = 69 leads. (COVID-19 continues)
Month 3 to 5 after the medical website redesign launch:
Month 4 – May 2020 : 49 web leads and 342 new patient phone calls = 391 leads. (COVID-19 continues)
Month 5 – Jun 2020 : 61 web leads and 431 new patient phone calls = 492 leads. (COVID-19 continues)
Month 6 – Jul 2020 : 67 web leads and 510 new patient phone calls = 577 leads. (COVID-19 continues)
PatientGain.com’s solution and applications have been used by clinics and doctors all over the U.S. to increase their patient acquisition, improve their communication with patients, and boost their clinic’s growth. Our software platform has proven results, and we’re proud to show how PatientGain.com has optimized our customer’s online strategies.
Patient Acquisition and Online Presence Results for an Urgent Care Clinic in Florida:
- Daily patient count Increased from 18-25 to 35-40 patients per day after a year of using PatientGain.com’s Apps
- 4 star rating on Google with 36 online reviews
- 127 Online appointments scheduled in a 4 month period
- 1st page in organic search results for numerous urgent care keywords and localized search queries
- Latest email campaign, sent to over 12k contacts, had a 39% open rate
- Over 4000 website visits, with 81% of traffic as new visitors, over a 90 days period
Results From Online SEO For Primary Care Physician
Review of a real customer. Location is east coast – mid-level competition. Doctor Jones has been in practice for the last 13 years. Her focus has been Primary Care, Internal Medicine and general wellness with focus on Diabetic patients. However, since last 3 years, multiple clinics have opened within her 5 mile radius. In addition, two Urgent Care clinics have also impacted her business. In the past all she had to do was to advertise in local yellow pages, few referral practices and business had grown due to her excellent focus on patient care. Due to competition, her average patient count had steadily decreased from 30 patients a day to 22.
In this case, Doctor Jones had to focus on new patient acquisition. She search online for “online advertising for doctors” and found PatientGain.com as the first organic listing on Google. She signed up for PatientGain.com’s GOLD Service for $599/mon. The results have been as follows:
Nov – Go live with new website, along with 20 apps embedded in the new Medical Marketing website. 135 phone calls received in the first month. 116 unique phone calls.
Dec – 434 phone calls received in the 2nd month. 388 unique phone calls.
Jan – 621 phone calls received in the 3rd month. 534 unique phone calls.
Feb – 518 phone calls received in the 4th month. 419 unique phone calls.
Mar – 599 phone calls received in the 5th month. 450 unique phone calls.
Apr – 697 phone calls received in the 6th month. 541 unique phone calls.
May – 801 phone calls received in the 7th month. 643 unique phone calls.
By the end of 7th month, Doctor Jones had achieved her target of 30 patients per day. Mission accomplished.
What Is Content & Why Is It Important?
1) Text, words and sentences – useful information for the reader.
2) Images with relevant tags and links
3) Videos, diagrams, and other visual aids that support the main headings, sub headings and actual paragraph text.
This information is consumed by your prospect and existing patients in the form of Website pages, Blogs, Facebook Posts, Email Newsletters, Images on Instagram, Feeds on Twitter, SMS text messages on mobile devices. Hence your medical marketing content should be interesting, attractive, useful, and provide value to your prospect patient or an existing patient. Unique quality content on your own website is the single most important factor for higher SEO rankings for doctors and medical practices.
PatientGain.com platform contains 6 different apps that help you with Content Marketing. Medical Content Distribution Engine is new product from PatientGain.com.
4 Important Components of a Advertising & Marketing Plan for Your Medical Practice & Clinic
Traditionally, marketing experts tell us that there are 4 key components of your Medical Marketing Plan.
- The Product or Service – This will be service offerings for your medical practice. For example, if you an Urgent Care clinic, do you offer service to patients based on 12 major categories. Examples will be Onsite X-ray, DOT Physical exams, Lab-test results, Ports Physicals, Simple Fracture treatment, Travel medicine, Immunizations etc. If you are MedSpa / Esthetic based practice, you may want to define your product/service strategy based on competition and availability of your staff’s credentials. For example, if you want to offer “CoolSculpting”, you will need to make an investment in purchasing this technology and then training of your staff. So each medical service you offer has a cost associated with it, and of course there could be tangible benefits for your medical practice. So your marketing plan must have a focus on which “services” you are going to offer. And each service deserves its SWOT analysis.
- The Price of the Service – In many cases, this is driven by the insurance company payouts to you. But there are certain procedures that are not covered by the insurance payments. There are additional strategies available to you here. Each patient can be divided into 3 main categories.
- PPO or Full Insurance – These insurance plans pay fixed amount for each procedure for in-network vs out-of-network procedures.
- Self-Pay Patients – Patient pays directly to the provider – you have leverage to provide better service than your competitors and charge more.
- High-Deductible plans – In this case, as an example, patients typically have to pay initial $4000-$10000 out of their pockets. After ta patient has spent these amounts on deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, then the medical insurance plan pays 100% of the costs of covered benefits. Many patients consider that first $4000-$10000 as something that have to “shop” for prices, hence you have an opportunity to apply your own marketing strategy on how to attract these patients to your practice.
- The Place or Location of Service – For most parts, healthcare delivery system in USA and Canada is very local. Telemedicine can change this in the future, but for now patients typically go to a “local” provider. This is evidenced by 2000% plus increase in Google searches for “Urgent care near me” or “Sleep Apnea doctor near me” or hundreds of other variations based on mobile patients searching for services “near” a patient. So your Place or Location matters.
- The Promotion(marketing) or Advertising of Service – This is one area, where you have true leverage to dominate your medical field. Your medical plan must include the promotion of your service. There are generally 2 main sub-areas for promotion of medical services:
- Traditional Advertising & Promotions – Traditional marketing – includes newspapers, yellow pages, billboards, referrals from peers, networking with other providers and suppliers.
- Online Advertising & Promotions – This refers to digital marketing and digital advertising to acquire more patients and retain existing patient base. This area is exhaustive. It includes, Website, SEO, Social Media, Email Marketing and many other areas.
Your Content Is the Single Most Important Factor in Your Online Success. 8 Reasons Why Content Is Important.
1. Content defines your medical practice's brand.
2. Content expresses who you are, how you conduct your business.
3. Content is read by the Search Engines - and this results in GOOD or POOR rankings - You should NEVER copy content from another site. Checking ideas from other websites is OK, but copying content is like shooting yourself in the foot.
4. Content can make your marketing flourish.
5. Content can make your advertising irresistible.
6. Social media loves GOOD content.
7. Email marketing with good quality content will give you higher open-rates.
8. Best of all - Patients LOVE Useful content.
PatientGain.com is a proven dental and medical marketing solution, includes apps, websites, SEO, HIPAA compliance and account management.
To learn about What is the Foundation of Medical SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for Doctors
To learn about How SEO Works For Doctors Websites, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Short-cut SEO for Medical Practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Pricing and cost of SEO services for medical practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising?
To learn about Medical SEO Voice Search Optimization For Doctors (BERT)
To learn about Local Medical SEO For Doctors
To learn about Mobile SEO For Medical Websites
To learn about Zero-Click SEO for Doctors & Medical Practices
To learn about Benefits Of Medical SEO Marketing
To learn about Key Items For SEO Evaluation of Medical Websites
To learn about Avoid Risky Plans – Use Proven Medical Marketing Strategies
To learn about Medical Marketing Using Emotionally Compelling Offline Media
To learn about Pre Launch Medical Marketing Checklist for Doctors
To learn about Medical SEO vs. Medical Advertising – Which One Is Better?
To learn about Is Your Medical Website Design “Future Proof”?
To learn about Medical Website Conversion Strategies
To learn about Medical Website Content Marketing Strategy
To learn about How to Acquire New Patients for Your Medical Practice
To learn about Medical Website Applications