Medical Website Design Conversion Strategies
Many doctors and practice managers naively believe that once a patient lands on your website, they will automatically take an action to contact you. In real life it does not work like this. Only a percentage of the patients who visit your website, will actually request a an appointment, telemedicine session, or call you.
Once a patient lands on your website, then the website has to do the selling. Many doctors and practice managers naively believe that once a patient lands on your website, they will automatically take an action to contact you. In real life it does not work like this. Only a percentage of the patients who visit your website, will actually request a an appointment, telemedicine session, or call you. Fewer will pay you. An even fewer will show up, even with pre-paying you and even with “confirming” the session. It is a human (patient) behaviour.
Medical Website Design and Conversion Go Hand In Hand – They Are 2 Faces of the Same Coin. They Cannot Be Separated.
First, let’s explain what is conversion rate.
Conversion rate is:
1f 100 potential patients visit your website, and 13 patients take an “conversion action” from your website, then your conversion rate is 13%.
What is a “conversion action” ?
Examples of a conversion action:
1. Patient calling you from the phone number listed on the website
2. Patient requesting an appointment from the website
3. Patient registering for the patient-portal account
4. Patient starting a ChatBot session from the website site
5. Patient sending a Text/SMS from the website texting app for a 2-Way texting session
6. Patient clicking on “Directions” app (for an urgent care or a walk in clinic)
7. Patient filling out patient registration form on the website
8. Patient taking an “assessment” from the online assessment app (offered by GOLD service)
9. Medspa client taking a “quiz” from the online quiz app (offered by GOLD service)
How does PatientGain track “conversion action” ?
We have spent millions of dollars and hundreds of sleepless nights, in the last several years building our software and data-mining engine to understand and optimize conversion tracking. We do not disclose “how” we build our apps. However when you use our service, for example GOLD Service, conversion tracking is included.
Setup Initial Meeting With PatientGain
PatientGain highly recommends medical websites on WordPress. WordPress powers 35% of the internet in 2020 – Worldwide. Fast loading medical sites. GOLD service includes website.
What makes fast loading websites?
11 Steps to make your medical website fast.
- Network: Extremely fast network, Example: Google Premium Network
- Protocol: HTTP/2, QUIC, HTTP/3
- Server: Very fast servers, Litespeed Enterprise
- PHP: Fast PHP processing, PHP LSAPI ProcessGroup
- CDN: Fast CDN, Example: Google Cloud CDN
- DNS: Fast DNS providers, Example: Google Cloud DNS
- Scalability: As you receive more traffic, the system should scale
- Disk: SSD - A solid-state drive (SSD) is a newer, faster type of device that stores data on instantly-accessible memory chips
- CPU: Google Cloud N2 instances (Example)
- Template used for WordPress: This is also very important (Template should not make unnecessary round trips)
- Optimized Images: Use smaller images for mobile sites – WordPress offers this setting. Google also reads your mobile site first for SEO rankings. Google also measures how fast your mobile site loads.
Read more about HIPAA compliant WordPress websites for doctors.
Read more about examples of WordPress websites for doctors.
How much do doctors spend on advertising?
The actual advertising budget for each clinic and practice is different. Some clinics/doctors are very aggressive and spend $1000 per day (or more) and some spend $1000 a month on advertising. We also have few clinics/doctors who do not spend any money on online advertising, they doctors rely on referrals and very strong SEO rankings. Also you have to understand that every practice area is different. For example for Medspa and plastic surgeons, it is next to impossible to be successful without proper online advertising budget. The typical range is $3000 to $15000 per month, with average budget of $6677 per practice in USA. Urgent cares in USA: The typical range is $1000 to $7000 per month, spend on average spend $2600 per month per location. However these are “average” locations with medium competition. Primary care doctors spend $600 to $1300 per month, with an average monthly budget of $890 per month. Pediatric practices: The typical range is $600 to $1600 per month, spend on average spend $900 per month per location. Sexual health practices: The typical range is $3000 to $8500 per month, spend on average spend $4200 per month per location.
PatientGain.com is a proven dental and medical marketing solution, includes apps, websites, SEO, HIPAA compliance and account management.
To learn about What is the Foundation of Medical SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for Doctors
To learn about How SEO Works For Doctors Websites, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Short-cut SEO for Medical Practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Pricing and cost of SEO services for medical practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising?
To learn about Medical SEO Voice Search Optimization For Doctors (BERT)
To learn about Local Medical SEO For Doctors
To learn about Mobile SEO For Medical Websites
To learn about Zero-Click SEO for Doctors & Medical Practices
To learn about Benefits Of Medical SEO Marketing
To learn about Key Items For SEO Evaluation of Medical Websites
To learn about Avoid Risky Plans – Use Proven Medical Marketing Strategies
To learn about Medical Marketing Using Emotionally Compelling Offline Media
To learn about Pre Launch Medical Marketing Checklist for Doctors
To learn about Medical SEO vs. Medical Advertising – Which One Is Better?
To learn about Is Your Medical Website Design “Future Proof”?
To learn about Medical Website Conversion Strategies
To learn about Medical Website Content Marketing Strategy
To learn about How to Acquire New Patients for Your Medical Practice
To learn about Medical Website Applications