A/B Tested Conversion Medical Website Design for Doctors & Healthcare Practices.
There Is No Charge for the World’s Best Conversion Websites for Doctors and Medical Practices. Hundreds of Successes in USA and Canada. SEO, Advertising, Social Media Marketing Included in the Gold Package.
Every day thousands of doctors, physicians, chiropractors, surgeons, dentists, Med spas, pharma & medical practices struggle to fill their calendars. Every clinic has fixed costs, and if the calendar is not filled with paying patients, your clinic is operating at its full operational efficiency.
What is A/B Tested Medical Marketing Websites?
A/B testing is a common practice among software based marketing applications – in our case it is Medical marketing Websites. It is a way to compare two versions of medical marketing websites to arrive at a conclusion, based on data, not based on opinion, which of the 2 designs performs better. The test continues with multiple cycles until law of diminishing returns starts influencing a specific test. This is an ongoing process and never stops in the world on medical marketing and data driven results. For example, in our testing we found that it makes a big difference, where specific buttons are placed on the home page or a landing page of a medical marketing website. It also makes a big difference what the user sees first, specifically on a mobile device. For example the layout and user experience was kept the same in specific A/B tests, the only thing that was changed was how the images were formatted, branded VS non-branded generic images. There is a difference in results, based on hundreds and thousands or iterations of tests performed.
Is There an Example for A/B Testing of a Medical Website?
A/B testing scenario :
TEST A: The slider/top area of a medical website has a nice intro video added. No other changes are made. Duration is 2 months, over the period same amount of budget for online advertising on Google ads, and Facebook ads is allocated. Purposely, no changes were made to ads budget, ad copy was not changed, conversion settings for demographics and radius of targeted area was not changed. SEO – no new content was added, no new changes were made to the website content, no new SEO optimizations were applied, like off-page links, no new promotions were added, no updates to meta-tags, no changes were made to Email marketing frequency , no new apps were added to the website. No new social media posts were added to Google posts and Facebook Posts. 82 percentage of the patients are on mobile devices for this test. Same video, slides were setup for mobile, ipad and full website. Colors of the website remained the same.
TEST B: Video was replaced by a slide show, focused on services – specifically focus on benefits of each top services. 5 slides in the top area were added. First slide was general slide, each additional 4 slides had a CTA and link to each services page. No other changes were made to mobile, iPad or full computer user experience.
Baseline was TEST B : With over 8 months of data.
TEST A : Time on the website increased by 13% by visitors. Conversions dropped by 18%.
TEST B : Setup B with slides has a better ROI compared with an engaging video in the top area.
Additional tests on multiple medical sites show the similar results. These tests were on multiple areas of US customers. All of them are medical websites.
PatientGain.com’s web sites are A/B Tested to provide ROI (Return On Investment) for your medical marketing dollars.
PatientGain.com has run thousands of online campaigns for patient acquisition and patient engagement for medical clinics with typical patient acquisition costs anywhere from $8 to $27 per new patient in most US areas. Cloud based HIPAA compliant software is simple to use and easy to manage. Free responsive, intelligent medical website is always included.
Medical Marketing Based On ROI
In world of data driven strategy also known as evidence based marketing or ROI based strategy, the computer scientists start with a known hypothesis (A) and compare with it with a variation (B) to see if the B setup produces better results.
This process is also called Split-Run tests. It is a derived from the field of statistics where statisticians (these days also known as data scientists/statisticians). When applied to Websites, PatientGain.com tests different variations of websites and calculates the results based on patient behavior and eventually a conversion from the website. This constant variations and testing produces results from actual patients and helps us produce best conversion website design for doctors.
For example, in case of certain practice areas, we discovered that 82 percent of the patients are visiting a website from mobile phones, rather than laptops, i-Pads and full computers, we placed “click-to-dial” at the proximity of a user’s fingers to make it easier to dial the clinic’s number. We saw 13% better conversion. There are hundreds of detailed analysis is performed to achieve optimal results.
In a 2nd example by placing a clinic’s services with highest margins close to the top of a page, we saw 4% increase in conversion for higher margin procedures.
There is a lot more that goes into creating optimal websites for doctors and healthcare practices.
Medical Marketing Conversion Websites are different than informational websites. Here are 8 examples of characteristics for medical marketing conversion websites
Your Medical Marketing Conversion Websites should:
No 1. Your medical marketing conversion website should have useful information for a patient visitor to easily contact you multiple ways. This includes
1. Click to Dial – Phone
2. Fill out an Appointment Request
3. Send a SMS/Text
4. Find Directions
5. Find Medical Services
6. Send Secure Message to Medical Provider.
No 2. Intelligence so Information is captured securely in a HIPAA Compliant database
No 3. Tracking software so source of your leads is captured so you can easily measure the ROI of each advertising medium
No 4. Promotions and Offers should be included predominantly
No 5. Tracking of Phone calls is very important
No 6. Ability to respond automatically ( Auto-Responders ) should be built into your medical marketing conversion website
No 7. A/B Tested layout for best possible patient experience and results
No 8. Your medical marketing conversion website should not take the user away from your primary focus. For example, if your strategy is to capture patient information from a landing page, keep it simple and to-the-point. Do not offer any other offers so the patient is tempted to click on another area and leave your website.
Healthcare Medical Marketing Influencers
Every physician, medical practice owner and administrator should understand that there are 5 important aspects shaping the healthcare and patient care in USA & Canada.
No. 1 Public health delivery systems – Shift from hospitals to individual clinics
No. 3 Drug development and technology impact – Time to develop and bring new medicine is decreasing. Supercomputers and bio-technology is helping humanity and bringing hope. New drugs, new ways of non-invasive robotics are changing the outcomes and shortening the recovery time of patients.
No. 4 Health Care and information technology impact – Information is no longer in silos – Internet specifically has made the information available to billions of patients across the globe.
No. 5 Health Care commercialization – Ability for physicians and healthcare providers to reach patients directly. More and more Physicians, Dentists, Surgeons, MedSpas, Pharma & Medical Practices are turning to online medical marketing to acquire more patients and provide timely services to patients.
4 Important Components of a Advertising & Marketing Plan for Your Medical Practice & Clinic
Traditionally, marketing experts tell us that there are 4 key components of your Medical Marketing Plan.
- The Product or Service – This will be service offerings for your medical practice. For example, if you an Urgent Care clinic, do you offer service to patients based on 12 major categories. Examples will be Onsite X-ray, DOT Physical exams, Lab-test results, Ports Physicals, Simple Fracture treatment, Travel medicine, Immunizations etc. If you are MedSpa / Esthetic based practice, you may want to define your product/service strategy based on competition and availability of your staff’s credentials. For example, if you want to offer “CoolSculpting”, you will need to make an investment in purchasing this technology and then training of your staff. So each medical service you offer has a cost associated with it, and of course there could be tangible benefits for your medical practice. So your marketing plan must have a focus on which “services” you are going to offer. And each service deserves its SWOT analysis.
- The Price of the Service – In many cases, this is driven by the insurance company payouts to you. But there are certain procedures that are not covered by the insurance payments. There are additional strategies available to you here. Each patient can be divided into 3 main categories.
- PPO or Full Insurance – These insurance plans pay fixed amount for each procedure for in-network vs out-of-network procedures.
- Self-Pay Patients – Patient pays directly to the provider – you have leverage to provide better service than your competitors and charge more.
- High-Deductible plans – In this case, as an example, patients typically have to pay initial $4000-$10000 out of their pockets. After ta patient has spent these amounts on deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, then the medical insurance plan pays 100% of the costs of covered benefits. Many patients consider that first $4000-$10000 as something that have to “shop” for prices, hence you have an opportunity to apply your own marketing strategy on how to attract these patients to your practice.
- The Place or Location of Service – For most parts, healthcare delivery system in USA and Canada is very local. Telemedicine can change this in the future, but for now patients typically go to a “local” provider. This is evidenced by 2000% plus increase in Google searches for “Urgent care near me” or “Sleep Apnea doctor near me” or hundreds of other variations based on mobile patients searching for services “near” a patient. So your Place or Location matters.
- The Promotion(marketing) or Advertising of Service – This is one area, where you have true leverage to dominate your medical field. Your medical plan must include the promotion of your service. There are generally 2 main sub-areas for promotion of medical services:
- Traditional Advertising & Promotions – Traditional marketing – includes newspapers, yellow pages, billboards, referrals from peers, networking with other providers and suppliers.
- Online Advertising & Promotions – This refers to digital marketing and digital advertising to acquire more patients and retain existing patient base. This area is exhaustive. It includes, Website, SEO, Social Media, Email Marketing and many other areas.
Medical Marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
Many practice managers often confuse medical practices objectives and goals with medical marketing KPIs.
Goals and Objectives for your medical practice can be as follows: (these are examples)
- Increase daily patient count at location in Palo Alto California by 20 patients per day in the next 12 months
- Increase patient satisfaction by 30% at location in Palo Alto California in the next 12 months
- Reduce patient acquisition costs by 10%at location in Palo Alto California in the next 6 months
In order to achieve these goals, objectives or desired business results, the practice manager or medical director of a practice has to typically consider "how" to achieve these desired goals. Next step to select software, vendors, service providers and consultants for these various tasks. Sometime the practice manager or medical director has enough resources like an internal staff like marketing manager who can oversee these initiatives and provide status to the practice manager or medical director. Once the practice manager or medical director has established a strategy, he or she has to come up with KPIs to measure ongoing progress and success of each area.
Working with hundreds of healthcare providers, PatientGain.com has established that there are 6 key KPIs for your medical marketing strategy. These are built into you Medical Marketing Dashboards.
Most Important KPIs. There are many - actually hundreds of ways to measure what happens online to promote your practice/clinic. Some of them are simply "noise"- We recommend the follow as a best practice.
- Actual Patient Count - no one will question you if your actual patient count increases
- No Number of phone calls - 73 percent of patients still want to "call you"
- Appointment requests/inquiries - Using apps on Facebook and your mobile site allow patients to request an appointment
- Local SEO Rankings - Extremely important to optimize Google, Yelp and Facebook business pates
- Organic SEO Rankings
- PPC Data & Metrics
- Engagement Data - Social Media - Facebook Posts
- Mobile Engagement Data - Like ChatBot Requests and Text/SMS Requests
- Emails Marketing
- Non-Social Engagement
PatientGain.com is used by the TOP healthcare medical and dental practices in USA & Canada. Website development companies also use our apps to help their healthcare clients.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Industry's SEO Management Pricing For Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Industry's PPC Management Pricing For Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Medical Marketing ROI Calculator and Examples For Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about A/B Tested Conversion Websites and Examples For Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
Healthcare Advertising VS Healthcare Marketing
Many healthcare professionals confuse Healthcare Advertising with Healthcare Marketing.
Advertising is just ONE of the many "things", "programs" or "techniques" launched to achieve a successful Marketing Program. So Medical advertising is one, but very important part of Medical Marketing for a practice. For example if you are a pediatric physician with focus on urgent care for children, and your goal is to acquire more patients, you may want to "market" your practice in 20 mile radius for potential parents of patients who may seek Pediatric Urgent Care. For this effort you would typically have many things to do :
Step 1: Sign for the building
Step 2: Business cards
Step 3: Doctor's bio printed and promoted to local primary care physicians
Step 4: Providing free "meet-and-greet" for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 5: Collaboration with local schools for "low-cost" physicals for school athletes
Step 6: Mail drop in 5 mile radius using USPS mail and flyers for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 7: Networking with other local businesses close to your own location
Step 8: Using social media campaigns
Step 9: Making the lobby of the clinic a pleasing place for parents of potential pediatric patients and for children
Step 10: Referral program to market using existing for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 11: Launching your online strategy to market your practice
Step 12: Offline advertising offline for your healthcare practice
Step 13: Online Advertising for your healthcare practice
Healthcare Advertising Defined
Advertising for doctors can be offline or online. Offline advertising for doctors refers to Billboards, Newspapers, Paper Yellow Pages, Ads in Cinemas, Radio Ads.
Online Advertising for doctors refers to advertising focused on internet based mediums. For example:
- Google search advertising
- Facebook display ads
- SEO / Search Engine Optimizations
- Website conversion techniques to improve the actual patients generation from your website
- Advertising on Instagram
- Email marketing
- SMS/Text based marketing
- Display advertising
What Is Content & Why Is It Important For Your Dental or Medical Website?
1) Text, words and sentences – useful information for the reader.
2) Images with relevant tags and links
3) Videos, diagrams, and other visual aids that support the main headings, sub headings and actual paragraph text.
This information is consumed by your prospect and existing patients in the form of Website pages, Blogs, Facebook Posts, Email Newsletters, Images on Instagram, Feeds on Twitter, SMS text messages on mobile devices. Hence your medical marketing content should be interesting, attractive, useful, and provide value to your prospect patient or an existing patient. Unique quality content on your own website is the single most important factor for higher SEO rankings for doctors and medical practices.
PatientGain.com platform contains 6 different apps that help you with Content Marketing. Medical Content Distribution Engine is new product from PatientGain.com.