Fast Loading Medical Websites
This is a common question asked by doctors and medical practice managers: How do I make my website load faster?
First, Why would you want to have a fast loading website for your medical practice? There are 2 main reasons.
- User experience. 82 percentage of patients who visit your medical website, do it from a mobile device. This data is from US and Canada only. If your website takes too long to load, they will not wait. Our conversion data shows that you have 14 to 15 seconds for a potential to take an action on your website and “engage”. So mobile website must load in first 3 seconds.
- Google’s SEO algorithms now read your mobile site first. So your mobile version of the website is actually more important than full desktop version. Even if you use responsive design, behind the scenes the algorithm of the responsive design template takes care of the details. Basically in the code of the template of your responsive design there are 3 main versions of your website. 1. Desktop version 2. iPad version 3. Mobile version. Depending of the type of device used by the patient, the information is displayed differently. Even within each device, there is different code executed. For example iPhone SE (latest version) is 4.7 inch screen and iPhone 8Plus is bigger – and so on. Each size has its own display issues and preferences. This is handled by the code of the responsive design. And this is where opportunity lies t make your mobile websites faster. For example we highly recommend having images smaller than 30K size for mobile devices. Large images take a longer time to load and make your website slower.
PatientGain highly recommends medical websites on WordPress. WordPress powers 35% of the internet in 2020 – Worldwide. Fast loading medical sites. GOLD service includes website.
What makes fast loading websites?
11 Steps to make your medical website fast.
- Network: Extremely fast network, Example: Google Premium Network
- Protocol: HTTP/2, QUIC, HTTP/3
- Server: Very fast servers, Litespeed Enterprise
- PHP: Fast PHP processing, PHP LSAPI ProcessGroup
- CDN: Fast CDN, Example: Google Cloud CDN
- DNS: Fast DNS providers, Example: Google Cloud DNS
- Scalability: As you receive more traffic, the system should scale
- Disk: SSD - A solid-state drive (SSD) is a newer, faster type of device that stores data on instantly-accessible memory chips
- CPU: Google Cloud N2 instances (Example)
- Template used for WordPress: This is also very important (Template should not make unnecessary round trips)
- Optimized Images: Use smaller images for mobile sites – WordPress offers this setting. Google also reads your mobile site first for SEO rankings. Google also measures how fast your mobile site loads.
Read more about HIPAA compliant WordPress websites for doctors.
Read more about examples of WordPress websites for doctors.
Setup Initial Meeting With PatientGain
E-A-T Algorithm & SEO For Doctors
There are three words to remember E A T for good medical SEO website.
E Stands for medical Expertise in the subject matter. For example if your website page is about Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) – do you have useful information about the subject matter.
A Stands for medical Authority in the subject matter. This refers to the qualified, authoritative content and possibly the author of the website page.
T Stands for Trustworthy source or organization. This refers to the fact that is the website can be trusted. How good is the rest of the content on your website. For example if there is doctor’s bio present on a medical website. Are there any other references to this doctor in other media outlets. Are there links pointing back to the bio of the doctor. There are many other factors that determine the trustworthiness.
In addition, SEO for doctors depends on:
1) Clinic Industry Knowledge and Content Writing Skills
2) Expertise in Search Engine Algorithms, Digital Best Practices, and Patient Behavior
3) A Dynamic Software Platform Designed to Adapt to Changes with Trends and Technology
4) World Class Support behind Your Technology System
Achieving top SEO rankings for medical practices and physicians is a process and not a simple one-time setup. It is time-intensive, requires deep knowledge about your own medical practice and Search Engine technology, costs both money and time to get real results, and it never stops for your medical practice.
Healthcare Advertising VS Healthcare Marketing
Many healthcare professionals confuse Healthcare Advertising with Healthcare Marketing.
Advertising is just ONE of the many "things", "programs" or "techniques" launched to achieve a successful Marketing Program. So Medical advertising is one, but very important part of Medical Marketing for a practice. For example if you are a pediatric physician with focus on urgent care for children, and your goal is to acquire more patients, you may want to "market" your practice in 20 mile radius for potential parents of patients who may seek Pediatric Urgent Care. For this effort you would typically have many things to do :
Step 1: Sign for the building
Step 2: Business cards
Step 3: Doctor's bio printed and promoted to local primary care physicians
Step 4: Providing free "meet-and-greet" for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 5: Collaboration with local schools for "low-cost" physicals for school athletes
Step 6: Mail drop in 5 mile radius using USPS mail and flyers for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 7: Networking with other local businesses close to your own location
Step 8: Using social media campaigns
Step 9: Making the lobby of the clinic a pleasing place for parents of potential pediatric patients and for children
Step 10: Referral program to market using existing for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 11: Launching your online strategy to market your practice
Step 12: Offline advertising offline for your healthcare practice
Step 13: Online Advertising for your healthcare practice
Healthcare Advertising Defined
Advertising for doctors can be offline or online. Offline advertising for doctors refers to Billboards, Newspapers, Paper Yellow Pages, Ads in Cinemas, Radio Ads.
Online Advertising for doctors refers to advertising focused on internet based mediums. For example:
- Google search advertsing
- Facebook display ads
- SEO / Search Engine Optimizations
- Website conversion techniques to improve the actual patients generation from your website
- Advertising on Instagram
- Email marketing
- SMS/Text based marketing
- Display advertising
PatientGain.com is a proven healthcare marketing solution, includes apps, websites, SEO, HIPAA compliance and account management.
To learn about How does healthcare marketing work?
To learn about What is the Foundation of Medical SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for Doctors
To learn about How SEO Works For Healthcare Websites, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Short-cut SEO for Medical Practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Pricing and cost of SEO services for medical practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising?
To learn about Medical SEO Voice Search Optimization For Doctors (BERT)
To learn about Local Medical SEO For Doctors
To learn about Mobile SEO For Medical Websites
To learn about Zero-Click SEO for Doctors
To learn about Benefits Of Medical SEO Marketing
To learn about Key Items For SEO Evaluation of Medical Websites
To learn about Avoid Risky Plans – Use Proven Medical Marketing Strategies
To learn about Medical Marketing Using Emotionally Compelling Offline Media
To learn about Pre Launch Medical Marketing Checklist for Doctors
To learn about Medical SEO vs. Medical Advertising – Which One Is Better?
To learn about Is Your Medical Website Design “Future Proof”?
To learn about Medical Website Conversion Strategies
To learn about Medical Website Content Marketing Strategy
To learn about How to Acquire New Patients for Your Medical Practice
To learn about Medical Website Applications
To learn about What is Technical Medical SEO?
To learn about How to Attract New Patients to Your Dental Practice
To learn about Dental SEO Examples
To learn about What is Medical Marketing Account Management?
The GOLD service from PatientGain is used by telemedicine physicians, dentists, surgeons, pediatrics, medical spas, pain management, functional medicine, primary & urgent care, cardiologists, podiatrists, addiction medicine, regenerative, wellness, therapy, OBGYN, integrative medicine, dentists, dermatologists, IVF & reproductive, pharma, bio-tech & many other medical practices.