Medical Marketing Ideas For Your Medical Practice
6 Key Medical Marketing Ideas Proven To Work For Hundreds of Medical Practices in USA & Canada. 88 Percent of Your Patients Start Their Journey to Find Your Medical Services Online. These Ideas and Strategy is Included in the GOLD Solution. Costs $499 to $799/mon. Call (650) 469-1313.
6 Key Pillars of Healthcare Medical Marketing for Physicians. Used by the Top Clinics in USA and Canada.
Your patients start their journey to find your medical services in many ways. They may have immediate need for specific service, like a parent looking for a “pediatric urgent care near me” and over 78 percentage of the time they will go to Google and search. And majority of the time, this is done on a mobile cell phone device. You may have a client looking for specific MedSpa service like “Coolsculpting clinic near me” for non-invasive weight loss. There are millions of ways patients search and look for your services, every day, however, majority of the patients use online mediums like, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Yahoo, Bing etc to find a medical service provider.
6 Key Pillars of Healthcare Medical Marketing
Pillar No 1 – Medical Practice’s Foundation.
Provide excellent patient care and medical services to your target patients. Treat every patient like they are your first patient. Healthcare practices who focus on high customer/patient service have a solid foundation.
Pillar No 2 – Medical Practice’s Website.
Your website is the face of your practice. Your website can be an asset or a liability. Your website should look and perform better than your clinic’s practice. Moreover your website should always build your brand.
Pillar No 3 – Medical Practice’s Online Reputation.
Your online reputation – Number of 5 star reviews on Google is the most impactful strategy you can employ. Facebook, HealthGrades, Yelp and other sites are also important however Google Reviews ranking of 4.3 or higher with 100 or more reviews will make a huge impact on your business. We have seen the data and we are excited to help you achieve this.
Pillar No 4 – Medical Practice’s Online SEO and Advertising.
SEO and Advertising. Having a nice website is a Step 1 – But if you are not improving the SEO on a monthly basis, you will be left behind. Advertising on Google and Facebook will further improve your patient acquisition.
Pillar No 5 – Medical Practice’s Social Media Strategy.
Social media strategy to engage with existing and potential patients. Key strategies include
1) Installing intelligent apps on your Facebook business page
2) Posting weekly on Facebook business page
3) Posting daily on your Google Posts.
3) Advertising on Social Media – Start with Facebook
Pillar No 6 – Medical Practice’s Patient Communication Strategy.
Effective patient communication strategy. Here is a great starting list
1) HIPAA compliant communication from your website
2) HIPAA compliant communication from Facebook.
3) SMS-Texting from your website
4) EMR integration
5) Monthly Email marketing
6) Daily Posts on Google Business Page
7) Weekly Posts on Facebook
8) Monthly Promotions offered
9) Conversion Technology and Techniques
SIX PILLARS OF HEALTHCARE MARKETING
This is the GOLD Solution From PatientGain
PatientGain.com’s Approach to Healthcare Marketing Success : 12 Key Features of GOLD Solution
- Reasonable Monthly Fee With No Upfront Setup Costs or Implementation Costs
- Pay-Per-Month Model For Healthcare Medical Marketing
- No-To-Low Risk Medical Marketing Model
- Same System is Used By The Top Clinics in USA & Canada
- Awesome Service and Support – Phone, SMS-Texting, Email, Ticketing or Web-Based Meetings
- Awesome Software & HIPAA Servers Located in USA
- Assigned Account Manager Located in USA/Canada For Your Medical Clinic
- Generous Discounts for Multi-Location Healthcare Companies
- Website, SEO, Advertising Management, Social Media, Email Marketing, SMS-Texting, Apps, HIPAA Compliance ALL Included in a Single Solution.
- Eliminate 5 to 8 Vendors and Centralize Control of Your Online Healthcare Marketing & Advertising Success
- Save 40% to 60% in Monthly Spend by Using Our Proven Single Vendor Model
- Save Approx 30 Hours a Month – No Need To Learn and Operate Multiple Apps
Steps For Healthcare Advertising Campaign
Your paid advertising campaign is specifically setup for each of your location(s). It involves different steps to develop a customized campaign according to your industry requirement and your desired needs. This is a summary of steps. Each staff member who works on your campaign has multiple certifications. Your campaigns are reviewed by advertising managers, project managers and even the owners of the company.
Step 1: Your dedicated project manager works closely with the our in-house advertising PPC AdWords Certified staff member(s). We specifically look at your competition and who else is offering similar services, similar campaign, analyze the market and make strategies to build your campaign in an effective way. Our PPC Expert starts setup of your campaign to target the audience. We look at time of the day and conversion data available to us. Our objective is lowest possible cost with maximum result, best possible ROI for your marketing campaign.
Step 2: Your target area is defined. This is extremely important. Due to our deep experience and our data, we know that each service you offer can draw patients from different areas.
Step 3: Your key services are discussed with you. We recommend starting with at least 3 to 5 key services. It also depends on your campaign budget. For example if you are a Med Spa and want to focus on “Coolsculpting” – the team will create an ad-group for Coolsculpting. Landing pages and campaign “Coolsculpting” are created and and there are many other keywords related to your service “Coolsculpting”. For each keyword we know the probability of results and how effective each keyword will be. We also know the mobile vs non-mobile patient behavior. If the campaign is being designed for Facebook – the steps are similar but tools in Facebook are different from Google. The same is true for other type of campaigns, like Instagram, Yahoo/Bing campaigns are slightly different. Some platforms are rock-solid, some are “testing” with your ad dollars. Our job is also to steer you away non-essential expenses.
Keywords are the heart of paid campaigns. Our Advertising PPC team research and design powerful keyword lists relevant to your target audience. Negative keywords are equally important. There are hundreds of negative keywords in our campaigns. These campaigns have been run thousands of times and optimized for your specific services. These are NOT generic campaigns.
Landing pages and lead conversion software is all included in the GOLD and PLATINUM Packages. Call tracking based on keywords is included in our campaigns.
Step 4: Budget is discussed for each clinic. This is where you have the most input. Most customers want to spend “X per month per location” – Then we work backwards to get the best results. Other approach is to let us suggest a budget. Changing the budget is easy, it can be easily increased or decreased. Sometimes customers come to us and say “I want to dominate online” – What can you do? So depending on your business objectives, we design campaigns. There are no cookie-cutter ad campaigns.
Step 5: Based on your services, dozens of ads are created, negative keywords list are generated. Ad extensions, Set Schedule of the campaign, GEO targeting, Excluded areas, low-value-keywords are assign a lower bids, competitor bids, local bids, mobile bids, landing pages with conversion are created/optimized, call tracking is set, lead-capture is tested.
Step 6: Target launch date is set and discussed with customer
Step 7: Campaign is started
Step 8: Typically in the first 10 to 15 days your campaign results are discussed with you. However your campaign is being constantly monitored.
Successful campaigns require continuous optimization such as A/B testing, funnel management and bounce rates.
Our PPC Team evaluates and applies various statistical models to improve and expand the campaign incrementally over the time to beat the market competition on regular basis.
With our service, it is required that you meet with us at least once a month to review your account.
PatientGain.com is used by the TOP healthcare medical practices in USA & Canada. Website development companies also use our apps to help their healthcare clients.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Industry’s SEO Management Pricing For Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Industry’s PPC Management Pricing For Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about Medical Marketing ROI Calculator and Examples For Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
To learn about A/B Tested Conversion Websites and Examples For Doctors & Medical Practices, please go here.
Healthcare Medical Marketing Influencers
Every physician, medical practice owner and administrator should understand that there are 5 important aspects shaping the healthcare and patient care in USA & Canada.
No. 1 Public health delivery systems – Shift from hospitals to individual clinics
No. 3 Drug development and technology impact – Time to develop and bring new medicine is decreasing. Supercomputers and bio-technology is helping humanity and bringing hope. New drugs, new ways of non-invasive robotics are changing the outcomes and shortening the recovery time of patients.
No. 4 Health Care and information technology impact – Information is no longer in silos – Internet specifically has made the information available to billions of patients across the globe.
No. 5 Health Care commercialization – Ability for physicians and healthcare providers to reach patients directly. More and more Physicians, Dentists, Surgeons, MedSpas, Pharma & Medical Practices are turning to online medical marketing to acquire more patients and provide timely services to patients.
4 Important Components of a Advertising & Marketing Plan for Your Medical Practice & Clinic
Traditionally, marketing experts tell us that there are 4 key components of your Medical Marketing Plan.
- The Product or Service – This will be service offerings for your medical practice. For example, if you an Urgent Care clinic, do you offer service to patients based on 12 major categories. Examples will be Onsite X-ray, DOT Physical exams, Lab-test results, Ports Physicals, Simple Fracture treatment, Travel medicine, Immunizations etc. If you are MedSpa / Esthetic based practice, you may want to define your product/service strategy based on competition and availability of your staff’s credentials. For example, if you want to offer “CoolSculpting”, you will need to make an investment in purchasing this technology and then training of your staff. So each medical service you offer has a cost associated with it, and of course there could be tangible benefits for your medical practice. So your marketing plan must have a focus on which “services” you are going to offer. And each service deserves its SWOT analysis.
- The Price of the Service – In many cases, this is driven by the insurance company payouts to you. But there are certain procedures that are not covered by the insurance payments. There are additional strategies available to you here. Each patient can be divided into 3 main categories.
- PPO or Full Insurance – These insurance plans pay fixed amount for each procedure for in-network vs out-of-network procedures.
- Self-Pay Patients – Patient pays directly to the provider – you have leverage to provide better service than your competitors and charge more.
- High-Deductible plans – In this case, as an example, patients typically have to pay initial $4000-$10000 out of their pockets. After ta patient has spent these amounts on deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, then the medical insurance plan pays 100% of the costs of covered benefits. Many patients consider that first $4000-$10000 as something that have to “shop” for prices, hence you have an opportunity to apply your own marketing strategy on how to attract these patients to your practice.
- The Place or Location of Service – For most parts, healthcare delivery system in USA and Canada is very local. Telemedicine can change this in the future, but for now patients typically go to a “local” provider. This is evidenced by 2000% plus increase in Google searches for “Urgent care near me” or “Sleep Apnea doctor near me” or hundreds of other variations based on mobile patients searching for services “near” a patient. So your Place or Location matters.
- The Promotion(marketing) or Advertising of Service – This is one area, where you have true leverage to dominate your medical field. Your medical plan must include the promotion of your service. There are generally 2 main sub-areas for promotion of medical services:
- Traditional Advertising & Promotions – Traditional marketing – includes newspapers, yellow pages, billboards, referrals from peers, networking with other providers and suppliers.
- Online Advertising & Promotions – This refers to digital marketing and digital advertising to acquire more patients and retain existing patient base. This area is exhaustive. It includes, Website, SEO, Social Media, Email Marketing and many other areas.
Your Content Is the Single Most Important Factor in Your Online Success. 8 Reasons Why Content Is Important.
1. Content defines your brand.
2. Content expresses you who are, how you conduct your business.
3. Content is read by the Search Engines – and this results in GOOD or POOR rankings – You should NEVER copy content from another site. Checking ideas from other websites is OK, but copying content is like shooting yourself in the foot.
4. Content can make your marketing flourish.
5. Content can make your advertising irresistible.
6. Social media loves GOOD content.
7. Email marketing with good quality content will give you higher open-rates.
8. Best of all – Patients LOVE Useful content.
PatientGain.com is a certified premier google partner for healthcare.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.