Medical Advertising For Physicians & Medical Practices in USA and Canada
Healthcare advertising can be tricky & costly. Doctors and medical practice owners face an avalanche of day-to-day responsibilities, which can often cause them to struggle with their practice’s marketing strategies.
There are hundreds of options, many software tools, countless “medical marketing gurus” and enough material on “how to acquire new patients” on the internet. PatientGain.com has simplified this challenge for you. There are hundreds of medical practices using PatientGain.com’s proven Medical Advertising & Marketing platform. The ROI from using the system has been 11X to 39X. Medical practices range from a stand alone single locations to medical practices with more one hundred locations.
Top 5 Common Medical Advertising Challenges Doctors and Medical Practices Face
1. Ensuring Your Medical Practice is Easily Visible in Search Engines – SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Getting your clinic visible online is tough, even when you’re familiar with online marketing strategies. To get good visibility, a Medical Practice needs to show up well in the three major areas of search results: Ads, Google’s Business Listings, and organic. It is called SEO – Search Engine Optimization ( Read more here ). And for each one of these major areas, doctors not only need an effective strategy on how to improve their clinic’s presence, but also a reliable and actionable plan to ensure the clinic’s continued visibility. To be successful in search engines, clinics need an effective advertising campaign on Google that’s actively managed and updated, original content on their website that’s added regularly to improve organic rankings, and ensure you have your Google My Business listing optimized and stocked full of good reviews. Medical practices staff rarely have the expertise or time to run these types of strategies, and have to pay multiple medical marketing companies to run each of their campaigns. There is a simple solution.
Medical Advertising Example 1.
In this example below, a patient is searching for an “STD clinic Narberth PA” . You can see the results. This an example of Medical Advertising using SEO.
Medical Advertising Example Using SEO
Example of SEO Optimizations & Impact on New Patient Acquisition:
Refer to example below: Based on a real data from one of PatientGain.com’s dashboards.
Google organic results show 1940 visits, with 2.25 page visits with total page views of 4364.
Google PPC results show 1358 visits, with 1.82 page with total page views of 2466.
You can see that impact from Yahoo & Bing is marginal. Over 78% of the patients are as a result from Google. This includes Google Maps, Google business listing and Google reviews. PatientGain.com data shows that Google has the most impact on your patient acquisition and patient engagement.
2. Acquiring Positive Reviews and Building a Good Online Reputation
Many doctors also struggle with their medical practices’s online reputation – seeing not-so-great review scores on Google or Yelp, and visible negative reviews are common problems. Some medical practices try to combat this by asking patients for reviews, but most do this without a plan on how to effectively request reviews, follow up, and respond to reviews. Without a solid strategy in place, most efforts don’t produce much for results. Medical practices and physicians also often ask patients for reviews via individual emails, or in person or over the phone, and so end up only sending out a few requests each week due to the time requirements. Medical practices that don’t have software tools or a cohesive strategy to help empower their efforts get very few reviews from their patients, and struggle to turn their poor ratings into good ones. So the strategy should be maximize the POSITIVE reviews and MINIMIZE the negative reviews about your clinic and providers.
3. Converting Online Patient Visitors into Patients at the Clinic
One of the most important marketing challenges your clinic can face is figuring out how to convert patient leads into patients walking in through your doors. Without an effective patient conversion strategy in place, your other marketing efforts aren’t going to be of much use to your clinic. HIPAA compliant Apps on your website for appointment scheduling, patient registration, and contact requests are vital for converting people who find your website into walk-ins. Many clinics have ‘flat’ websites, with no integrated apps; the clinics that do have apps on their site often lack HIPAA compliant sites. Without apps to power patient conversion strategies, doctors and clinic owners never see many of the potential patients who go to their site come into their clinic.
4. Keeping Past Patients Engaged and Coming Back for Future Care
To maximize your clinic’s patient daily patient, you need to keep past patients engaged and returning to your clinic for future medical needs. Email marketing is a great way to stay in front of your patients with news, interesting information, and promotions to entice them to come back to see you. However, many clinics neglect this aspect of their marketing strategy, and don’t implement any patient engagement strategies. Writing up newsletters, collecting and uploading patient emails, and sending email campaigns is difficult work when you don’t have software to power your efforts. Often, clinics don’t have the promotion apps, email marketing tools, and other patient communication software they need to effectively run their engagement strategies. As a result of the lack of communication and marketing, many patients only come for their first visit, and the clinic rarely sees repeat patients.
5. Paying for Expensive and Convoluted Medical Marketing Solutions
With all the different issues surrounding their marketing strategies, many clinics choose to look for help from other companies. But with all the different parts and plans the clinic needs to operate, many doctors and owners have to buy separate tools and solutions from three to five vendors. This proves to be very expensive and time consuming, as the clinic has to pay for multiple solutions that aren’t designed to complement or fit each other. Duplicate costs, and time investments required to keep everything running smoothly, cut into the value generated by these solutions. As a result, the clinic is often saddled with new problems that replace the old ones, and has to now coordinate with multiple vendors to keep their solutions running smoothly.
Simple Solution For Online Advertising For Doctors
If your clinic is suffering from any of these five problems, there’s an easy way you can fix your clinic’s marketing challenges: PatientGain.com’s Gold Package. Our comprehensive solution covers your clinic’s patient acquisition and engagement strategies, boosting your daily patient counts and improving your bottom line. PatientGain.com’s Gold Package is used by hundreds of clinics across the US, and is trusted by industry leading organizations to manage their clinics’ entire online presence. Call us today to learn more about our patient acquisition and engagement solution, and see how PatientGain.com can help your clinic grow its business.
4 Important Components of a Advertising & Marketing Plan for Your Medical Practice & Clinic
Traditionally, marketing experts tell us that there are 4 key components of your Medical Marketing Plan.
- The Product or Service – This will be service offerings for your medical practice. For example, if you an Urgent Care clinic, do you offer service to patients based on 12 major categories. Examples will be Onsite X-ray, DOT Physical exams, Lab-test results, Ports Physicals, Simple Fracture treatment, Travel medicine, Immunizations etc. If you are MedSpa / Esthetic based practice, you may want to define your product/service strategy based on competition and availability of your staff’s credentials. For example, if you want to offer “CoolSculpting”, you will need to make an investment in purchasing this technology and then training of your staff. So each medical service you offer has a cost associated with it, and of course there could be tangible benefits for your medical practice. So your marketing plan must have a focus on which “services” you are going to offer. And each service deserves its SWOT analysis.
- The Price of the Service – In many cases, this is driven by the insurance company payouts to you. But there are certain procedures that are not covered by the insurance payments. There are additional strategies available to you here. Each patient can be divided into 3 main categories.
- PPO or Full Insurance – These insurance plans pay fixed amount for each procedure for in-network vs out-of-network procedures.
- Self-Pay Patients – Patient pays directly to the provider – you have leverage to provide better service than your competitors and charge more.
- High-Deductible plans – In this case, as an example, patients typically have to pay initial $4000-$10000 out of their pockets. After ta patient has spent these amounts on deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, then the medical insurance plan pays 100% of the costs of covered benefits. Many patients consider that first $4000-$10000 as something that have to “shop” for prices, hence you have an opportunity to apply your own marketing strategy on how to attract these patients to your practice.
- The Place or Location of Service – For most parts, healthcare delivery system in USA and Canada is very local. Telemedicine can change this in the future, but for now patients typically go to a “local” provider. This is evidenced by 2000% plus increase in Google searches for “Urgent care near me” or “Sleep Apnea doctor near me” or hundreds of other variations based on mobile patients searching for services “near” a patient. So your Place or Location matters.
- The Promotion(marketing) or Advertising of Service – This is one area, where you have true leverage to dominate your medical field. Your medical plan must include the promotion of your service. There are generally 2 main sub-areas for promotion of medical services:
- Traditional Advertising & Promotions – Traditional marketing – includes newspapers, yellow pages, billboards, referrals from peers, networking with other providers and suppliers.
- Online Advertising & Promotions – This refers to digital marketing and digital advertising to acquire more patients and retain existing patient base. This area is exhaustive. It includes, Website, SEO, Social Media, Email Marketing and many other areas.
Impact of Medical Marketing on Physicians Earnings
Thousands of Physicians & Specialized Medical Practices struggle every day to fill their calendar with patients. Despite having a great location, a dedicated and professional medical staff, proper equipment, and hard earned certifications and qualifications, their daily patient counts aren’t where they’d like them to be. Many clinics don’t realize that what they are missing is online expertise and a sophisticated software solution to power their patient acquisition efforts. These days, your clinic’s strategy for generating new patients online has to be more than just having a good looking website. Review of 162 online campaigns reveals that 72 percent of the patients are searching for medical services on a mobile device. Exactly the same test revealed that this number was 54 percent 12 months ago. PatientGain.com predicts that this number will be close to 90 percent in the next few years. As a healthcare practitioner and a physician you are aware that average income of primary care physicians, while has increased in the last 6 years (possibly due to ObamaCare), and averaged $194,000 per year. But this should not be compared with "savvy" physicians, who are using online medical marketing software to increase the value of services they provide. For savvy physicians, these numbers are significantly higher. We wish you to be in the “savvy” category.
Healthcare Medical Marketing ROI Calculator & Examples
PatientGain.com is a certified premier google partner for healthcare.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.