Urgent Care Marketing Ideas & Strategy
Results Driven Urgent Care Marketing Ideas & Strategy – Complete Online Marketing System $499/mon, Includes Free SEO Focused Website
How much budget and resources should be allocated to your Online Marketing? $1000/mon, $5000 per month? Some experts will provide 1 percent to 6 percent of the total revenue as the answer. Many clinics spend dozens of hours each month working with their Ad agencies, SEO specialists, website gurus, software vendors, web designers, social media consultants, reputation management, Email marketing providers, and online advertising. Spending numerous hours of clinic staff time, and thousands of dollars of clinic revenue, on a Trial & Error – hoping that their strategy will produce two results:
1) Increase in new patients
2) Improvement in patient engagement
They no longer have to go through this Trial & Error expensive exercise. PatientGain.com has solved this problem for you. Patient acquisition costs can be anywhere from $8 to $27 per new patient in most US areas. As new conditions in Healthcare drive more walk-in clinics and practices to open, your competition for acquiring and retaining patients grows.
Effective Online Marketing for Urgent Care
An effective web strategy is vital for increasing the number of patients who walk in to your clinic. Effective software, years of digital marketing experience, and deep urgent care & walk-in clinic understanding generates new patients. PatientGain.com is the leader in providing online patient acquisition solutions to urgent care, walk-in clinics, and primary care practices thanks to its comprehensive software platform and years of experience in the healthcare industry.
Top 10 Medical Marketing KPI’s – Key Performance Indicators
Many Practice Managers Often Confuse Medical Practice’s Objectives and Goals with Medical Marketing KPIs and Healthcare KPIs & Metrics
Goals and Objectives for your medical practice can be as follows: (these are examples)
- Increase daily patient count at location in Palo Alto California by 20 patients per day in the next 12 months
- Increase patient satisfaction by 30% at location in Palo Alto California in the next 12 months
- Reduce patient acquisition costs by 10% at location in Palo Alto California in the next 6 months
10 Most Important Medical Marketing KPIs
In order to achieve these goals, objectives or desired business results, the practice manager or medical director of a practice has to typically consider “how” to achieve these desired goals. Next step to select medical marketing software,medical marketing vendors, service providers and medical marketing consultants for these various tasks. Sometime the practice manager or medical director has enough resources like an internal staff who can oversee these initiatives and provide status to the practice manager or medical director. Once the practice manager or medical director has established a medical marketing strategy, he or she has to come up with KPIs to measure ongoing progress and success of each area.
Working with hundreds of healthcare clinics, PatientGain.com has established that there are 10 key KPIs for your medical marketing strategy. These are built into you PatientGain.com’s Medical Marketing Dashboards.
Most Important KPIs. There are many – actually hundreds of ways to measure what happens online to promote your practice/clinic. Some of them are simply “noise”- We recommend the follow as a best practice.
- Actual Patient Count – no one will question you if your actual patient count increases
- Number of phone calls – 73 percent of patients still want to “call you”
- Appointment requests/inquiries – Using apps on Facebook and your mobile site allow patients to request an appointment
- Local SEO Rankings – Extremely important to optimize Google, Yelp and Facebook business pates
- Organic SEO Rankings
- Online Advertising & PPC Data & Metrics
- Engagement Data – Social Media – Facebook Posts
- Mobile Engagement Data
- Emails Marketing
- Non-Social Engagement
Your Patients Are Online. They Are on Facebook, Google, Mobile, Email, Blogs and Your Mobile Website! Use PatientGain.com’s Apps to Push Content to All Mediums.
4 Good Examples of Medical SEO for Urgent Care Clinics
Search Engine Optimization - SEO For Urgent Care Centers produces excellent results for hundreds of Urgent Care Clinics, from coast to coast.
Example 1 - Medical SEO for a patient searching for "Urgent Care Davie FL"
Example 2 - Medical SEO for a patient searching for "Urgent Care Near Me Fair Oaks CA"
Example 3 - Medical SEO for a patient searching for "DOT physical exams narberth pa"
Example 4 - Medical SEO for a patient searching for "pediatric urgent care orlando"
Comprehensive Urgent Care Digital Marketing Solution VS Patchwork Solution
To ensure your clinic stays ahead of your local competition, you need a comprehensive online solution that’s actively generating new patients, improving your ability to convert prospect patients, and effectively engaging your current and past patients. Piecing together multiple apps and tools from different vendors to make your own system, and designing your own online marketing strategy, isn’t going to produce the results you need. Patchwork solutions are costly, ineffective, and don’t give you the competitive advantage you need to be successful. At PatientGain.com, we’ve designed our cloud-based software platform to create a comprehensive online presence for healthcare practices. Our solution has helped clinics across the US increase their patient generation and reduce their patient acquisition costs.
Three Levels of Online Marketing Adoption By Clinics
PatientGain.com’s Urgent Care Solution is built to be used by business users and healthcare staff, not techies. With a user-friendly interface and easy to use tools, business owners are able to effortlessly manage and track their efforts online. Regardless of your background with technology it’s straightforward and effective. From patient acquisition features such as your website, Facebook business apps, or appointment scheduling, to your patient engagement applications such as email campaign management, PatientGain.com’s consolidates all you need into one integrated platform. Clinic owners no longer need to transfer data, coordinate strategies, or create integrations between different platforms to be successful online. PatientGain.com’s turnkey solution combines over 20 apps into one system, improving your clinic’s results online while saving you time and money.
4 Important Components of a Marketing Plan for Your Medical Practice & Clinic
Traditionally, marketing experts tell us that there are 4 key components of your Medical Marketing Plan.
- The Product or Service – This will be service offerings for your medical practice. For example, if you an Urgent Care clinic, do you offer service to patients based on 12 major categories. Examples will be Onsite X-ray, DOT Physical exams, Lab-test results, Ports Physicals, Simple Fracture treatment, Travel medicine, Immunizations etc. If you are MedSpa / Esthetic based practice, you may want to define your product/service strategy based on competition and availability of your staff’s credentials. For example, if you want to offer “CoolSculpting”, you will need to make an investment in purchasing this technology and then training of your staff. So each medical service you offer has a cost associated with it, and of course there could be tangible benefits for your medical practice. So your marketing plan must have a focus on which “services” you are going to offer. And each service deserves its SWOT analysis.
- The Price of the Service – In many cases, this is driven by the insurance company payouts to you. But there are certain procedures that are not covered by the insurance payments. There are additional strategies available to you here. Each patient can be divided into 3 main categories.
- PPO or Full Insurance – These insurance plans pay fixed amount for each procedure for in-network vs out-of-network procedures.
- Self-Pay Patients – Patient pays directly to the provider – you have leverage to provide better service than your competitors and charge more.
- High-Deductible plans – In this case, as an example, patients typically have to pay initial $4000-$10000 out of their pockets. After ta patient has spent these amounts on deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, then the medical insurance plan pays 100% of the costs of covered benefits. Many patients consider that first $4000-$10000 as something that have to “shop” for prices, hence you have an opportunity to apply your own marketing strategy on how to attract these patients to your practice.
- The Place or Location of Service – For most parts, healthcare delivery system in USA and Canada is very local. Telemedicine can change this in the future, but for now patients typically go to a “local” provider. This is evidenced by 2000% plus increase in Google searches for “Urgent care near me” or “Sleep Apnea doctor near me” or hundreds of other variations based on mobile patients searching for services “near” a patient. So your Place or Location matters.
- The Promotion(marketing) or Advertising of Service – This is one area, where you have true leverage to dominate your medical field. Your medical plan must include the promotion of your service. There are generally 2 main sub-areas for promotion of medical services:
- Offline Promotions – Traditional marketing – includes newspapers, yellow pages, billboards, referrals from peers, networking with other providers and suppliers.
- Online Promotions – This refers to digital marketing and digital advertising to acquire more patients and retain existing patient base.
PatientGain.com’s GOLD Package is focused on your digital marketing & advertising for your medical practice.
Your Content Is the Single Most Important Factor in Your Online Success. 8 Reasons Why Content Is Important.
1. Content defines your medical practice's brand.
2. Content expresses who you are, how you conduct your business.
3. Content is read by the Search Engines - and this results in GOOD or POOR rankings - You should NEVER copy content from another site. Checking ideas from other websites is OK, but copying content is like shooting yourself in the foot.
4. Content can make your marketing flourish.
5. Content can make your advertising irresistible.
6. Social media loves GOOD content.
7. Email marketing with good quality content will give you higher open-rates.
8. Best of all - Patients LOVE Useful content.
4 Key Apps For Facebook Marketing For Doctors and Healthcare Medical Practices
These apps have been used by hundreds of successful healthcare providers.
Medical Marketing App No 1. Acquire Positive Reviews From Patients Who Have Already Liked You.
Medical Marketing App No 2. Allow Patients Who Are On Facebook To Request An Appointment
Medical Marketing App No 3. Allow Patients Who Are On Facebook To See Your Promotions and Redeem a Promotion
Medical Marketing App No 4. Use Facebook Posting App For Doctors & Medical Practices
PatientGain.com’s apps can be embedded in existing websites or PatientGain.com can create cutting edge conversion and mobile websites for your clinic. We have created and A/B Tested numerous designs, landing page strategies, lead capture applications, and conversion tools, ensuring that customers who utilize our complete platform have a state-of-the-art presence online.
PatientGain.com has solved the problem of effective patient generation for Urgent Care businesses across the US. With years of experience in the healthcare industry, and a history of thousands of successful campaigns, PatientGain.com has become an expert in online marketing for urgent care clinics.
If you’d like to learn more, click here for a presentation and prepare to be amazed to learn what PatientGain.com can do for your business.
Summary for Online Success For Doctors
These 6 steps are proven to add value for hundreds of medical practices. There are many other steps you can take to further improve your strategy. Monthly Email Marketing is another strategy, among many others. Contact us so we can help you and view details GOLD package here.
Healthcare Advertising VS Healthcare Marketing
Many healthcare professionals confuse Healthcare Advertising with Healthcare Marketing.
Advertising is just ONE of the many "things", "programs" or "techniques" launched to achieve a successful Marketing Program. So Medical advertising is one, but very important part of Medical Marketing for a practice. For example if you are a pediatric physician with focus on urgent care for children, and your goal is to acquire more patients, you may want to "market" your practice in 20 mile radius for potential parents of patients who may seek Pediatric Urgent Care. For this effort you would typically have many things to do :
Step 1: Sign for the building
Step 2: Business cards
Step 3: Doctor's bio printed and promoted to local primary care physicians
Step 4: Providing free "meet-and-greet" for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 5: Collaboration with local schools for "low-cost" physicals for school athletes
Step 6: Mail drop in 5 mile radius using USPS mail and flyers for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 7: Networking with other local businesses close to your own location
Step 8: Using social media campaigns
Step 9: Making the lobby of the clinic a pleasing place for parents of potential pediatric patients and for children
Step 10: Referral program to market using existing for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 11: Launching your online strategy to market your practice
Step 12: Offline advertising offline for your healthcare practice
Step 13: Online Advertising for your healthcare practice
Healthcare Advertising Defined
Advertising for doctors can be offline or online. Offline advertising for doctors refers to Billboards, Newspapers, Paper Yellow Pages, Ads in Cinemas, Radio Ads.
Online Advertising for doctors refers to advertising focused on internet based mediums. For example:
- Google search advertsing
- Facebook display ads
- SEO / Search Engine Optimizations
- Website conversion techniques to improve the actual patients generation from your website
- Advertising on Instagram
- Email marketing
- SMS/Text based marketing
- Display advertising
PatientGain.com is a certified premier google partner for healthcare.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.