Urgent Care Advertising
82 percent of the new patients looking for urgent care services are driven to your medical practice based some sort of online advertising, online SEO or other online medium.
It’s a given that you must advertise online to be successful these days. Online SEO, Search Advertising, Display Advertising & Re-Marketing are constantly changing. Urgent Care Walk in & Primary Care Clinics need to use the latest trends and strategies in online advertising. Simple Online Advertising For Urgent Care Walk-In & Primary Care Clinics – Used by Top Clinics in USA. Typical Patient Acquisition Costs $8 to $27 Per New Patient in Most US areas. Search Engine Optimizations (SEO) and Online Advertising are related and but 2 separate subjects. They are both extremely important and relevant to your success. Equally important is Online Reputation for doctors and medical practices. So you must have a complete strategy to be successful.
Starting an Urgent Care Can Be Expensive. Costs to Open an Urgent Care are $440K to $1.2M. Invest in Marketing Wisely.
How to market and prepare for Urgent Care Walk-In Clinic launch.
The largest misconception when starting an Urgent Care is the field of dreams analogy “If I build it they (patients) will come”. Many business owners look at the demographics data, competitive landscape – as it exists at the moment, not as would be if 3 new clinics opened within 10 mile radius. Some business owners are still waiting for the “progressive and steady patient increase” to happen after opening, with minimal patient increases until they ran out of funds – very tragic.
By working with Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinics all over the USA, PatientGain.com has firmly established the following:
1. As you open your Urgent Care, key objective should be to get to break even patient count as soon as possible, at this point, the financial pressure is off, profitability and financial security follows. Break even patient count is between 17-23 patients per day, depending on location overhead, competition etc.
2. To achieve break even ASAP, the clinic needs to pre-promote before opening. Solid Online strategy and world-class software team focused on Urgent Care is the key differentiator.
3. PatientGain.com’s Quick-Start GOLD & PLATINUM, multiple step plan is designed to increase patient count quickly. For example one of PatientGain.com’s customer opened a new clinic and hired a marketing consultant – After thousands of $$$ were wasted on multiple channels like TV, Radio, Print and local bill-boards, customer realized that majority of the new patients were coming from PatientGain.com’s strategy and software.
Urgent Care Patient Acquisition Costs
Patient acquisition costs can be anywhere from $8 to $27 per new patient in most US areas. If you are located in an area with a lot of competition, your costs will be higher. Also competing on the internet for more patients requires that every Urgent Care center must consider three key areas for online success. Each one of these areas are addressed by the PatientGain.com platform and we have developed specific online applications for each area to help you become successful.
Advertising For Urgent Care & Example Data
One of our customers, a medical clinic in a very competitive market was running their PPC advertising with a local company in Michigan, when they first started using PatientGain.com. After using PatientGain.com advertising platform, the first month, they saw some drastic results at their clinic now that their Google AdWords Campaigns were being managed by PatientGain.com’s PPC platform. While using a local advertising company, they had an average cost per click of $5.86, and were spending around $1,600 – $1,800 a month on advertising. After switching over to PatientGain.com, they now had an average cost per click of $3.85, which increased the number of clicks they got per month by 166% with the same $1,600 budget. Their campaign also saw increased CTR and Quality Score ratings, and within days they saw the difference at the clinic, as more and more patients were reporting they found the clinic on Google. After analyzing where their patients were coming from a few months after making the switch, they found they were seeing 17 to 22 more patients per month who reported they found the clinic through Google. With a more effective and efficient campaign designed and managed by PatientGain.com, they increased the number of patients they saw with the exact same advertising budget.
3 Important Areas to Consider For Urgent Care Advertsing
1. Targeted Advertising For Urgent Care Centers
PatientGain.com offers Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising on Google, Yahoo, and Bing, as well as Remarketing and Facebook advertising campaigns. When optimized effectively, these advertising campaigns create an excellent boost to lead and patient generation. PPC advertising allows your clinic to effectively target quality leads while they are actively looking for services you offer. PatientGain.com has great experience in running PPC campaigns. Read more about PPC advertising for doctors.
2. Optimized Business Presence For Urgent Care Centers
a. Cultivated Online Reviews/Reputation
b. Organic Rankings & Local SEO
c. Conversion site optimized for search engines, w/ intelligent apps
d. Need to draw your leads & traffic to an effective conversion site; not only need to display yourself well to generate leads, but you have to effectively convert them once they find you.
3. Social Media For Urgent Care Centers
a. Facebook, Google+, Yelp, and more
b. Apps to add lead capture to your social media, integrated with your backend
c. Improves your lead generation, tracking, and conversion
d. Turn your Social Media into a more professional business tool
As a clinic owner or an administrator, you need much more than a pretty non-HIPAA Compliant website. In order to increase your clinic’s patient count, you need intelligent software behind your website, and a strategy that’s proven to be successful for top healthcare clinics across the US. PatientGain.com apps are hosted in the cloud on world class high performance servers in the USA. PHI data is stored in accordance with HIPAA Laws. There is no software to install or contracts.
PatientGain.com GOLD Service includes a free/no-cost HIPAA compliant and Google Optimized WordPress Responsive website. We have dozens of designs for your Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic.
Hundreds of Urgent Care and Walk-In Clinics are using the same software & websites to stay competitive and increase patient counts. Click here to see some example sites.
Facebook VS Google Advertising For Doctors
Facebook advertising can be very effective, just like Google search advertising. However, overall Google search ads perform much better than Facebook display ads. The ROI is greater for advertising for doctors on Google search. Lets go over an example below.
The time frame is 1 month, 30 days. The budget spent is almost the same on Google Search and Facebook Ads for this medical practice.
Google CPC resulted in 2241 total visits, with 5078 page views, on average 2.27 page views per visit. During this time there were 78 conversions and 13 new sales. Each sale is approx $5000 for this medical clinic.
Facebook CPC resulted in 2036 total visits, with 2593 page views, on average 1.27 page views per visit. During this time there were 16 conversions and 4 new sales. Each sale is approx $5000 for this medical clinic.
Based on this and similar data, we know that Facebook ads work, however ROI from Google search ads is much higher.
Patient Behavior and the Medical Industry Are Changing – Impacting Medical Marketing & Advertising. The Internet and Social Media Have Changed How The Best Medical Practices Execute Their Marketing. Only 4.3% Of Doctors, Physicians & Medical Practices Are Using Marketing Automation For Healthcare.
Medical Marketing for Doctors & Medical Practices can be divided into two broad areas:
1. Online Medical Marketing – 82 percent of the patients look for your services online
2. Offline Traditional Medical Marketing – This is on decline, as patients move to online mediums
6 Steps for Online Success For Clinics
Step No 1.
As medical practitioners, we have to realize that patient behavior is changing. Patients are now looking for medical services online. 88 percent of patients search online for medical services and clinic information. Even 47 percent of existing patients look for additional, related services online on your own website or your competitor’s websites. So you must be present on the Web. 60 percent to 72 percent of patients look for your services, check your online reviews, using a mobile device. Make sure that you have website that is focused on Mobile Marketing for doctors. Here are many examples of great ( and free Mobile, responsive and intelligent) websites. Once your medical practice is online, there are 5 additional important areas to cover.
Step No 2.
In US, approximately, 78 percent of the time, your patients are going to use Google search engine to look for medical related services, reviews and other information. So your first step is have a top notch Google presence. Other places are important also, like Facebook, Yahoo, Bing etc. But start with Google. There are 6 important aspects of Google presence.
- Google Local Listing for your medical practice
- Google Maps, verified listing
- Google Reviews rankings
- Google Posts
- Google Organic results
- Google Paid Search
Each of these should be addressed by your online strategy for your medical practice. Many doctors and practice managers think that having a nice looking website will suffice. Unfortunately it is no longer enough to have a nice website and a Facebook page.
Each of the above mentioned 6 important aspects of Google presence require attention to detail, time and commitment, not to mention financial investment.
Step No 3.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Practices can be defined in many ways. To provide you with a high level guidance, these 5 areas are most important:
A. Google Local Listing for your medical practice
- Create a Google account
- Add you clinic’s accurate information – Name, address are the most important information – Phone should be checked.
- If your practice’s information is incorrect, you will have correct it
- You may have to claim your listing also.
- In certain cases you may have duplicate listings, these should be resolved.
- There are dozens of other Local directories – They should be checked and updated. But Google, Facebook, Yelp, Yahoo/bing are the most important ones. Start with these.
B. Google Maps, verified listing
- Create a Google account
- Add you clinic’s accurate information in the Maps
- If your practice’s information is in correct, you will have correct it – sometime the Map Pin is Inaccurate
- You may have to claim your Map listing also.
- In certain cases you may have duplicate listings, these should be resolved.
- There are many of other map based directories – They should be checked and updated. But Google, Map Quest, Apple Map are the most important.
C. Google Reviews rankings
- Create a Google account
- Check you reviews and ratings
- If your practice’s reviews are 4.5 and over 100 reviews on Google, then you are doing well. If less than this, you will need to focus on this area.
- Other important review sites are Yelp, Facebook and HealthGrades. But start with Google.
D. Google Posts
Posting on Google is a new way to share relevant, fresh content with the people who are searching for you. Use images, videos and even animated GIFs to engage your audience, and add inline links to drive traffic to specific content. This enhanced format allows searchers to hear directly from the primary source — you — and complements existing results from across the web. One important note the Google Posts expire every week. You have to post every week.
E. Google Organic results
Your content on your website is the most important factor on your website. Content refers to your text, headings, sub-headings, main paragraph, images, videos, blogs etc. Your website must contain non-copied, non-plagiarized content.
Step No 4.
Every year, billions of dollars are spent on online advertising. Very broadly, online advertising can be divided into 2 main categories:
- Display advertising
- Search advertising
As a doctor and a medical practice manager, both of these are important for you. You can acquire new patients using both of these mediums.
Display advertising is a type of online advertising that comes in several forms, including banner ads, rich media and more. Unlike text-based ads, display advertising relies on elements such as images, audio and video to communicate an advertising message. For example, if your potential patient is on Facebook and has recently clicked on or watched a video related to Breast Augmentation medical procedure and treatment, ads related this subject can be displayed to the potential patients. This is an example of display ads.
Search advertising is very common. Every time you are on Google and type a search term, lets say “Urgent Care near me”, Google search engine will usually display ads on the top of the web page. In the middle, there is a map, reviews and business listings, and at the bottom, there are organic or free search results. The advertisers pay a fee to display their ads in the top area. If a user clicks on any of the ads, the advertiser pays a fee for each “Click” This is called Pay-Per-Click advertising. For medical practices and doctors, this is very effective and creates excellent ROI. Google PPC ads produce excellent results, however it is complex and requires a professional to manage your campaign.
Step No 5.
Reviews marketing is another emerging area. Online reviews are impacting decisions of your prospect patients dramatically. This is one area that will make your medical clinic shine or impact negatively more than any other strategy. In fact it should not be a marketing strategy, it should be a necessity.
There are 4 ways to acquire positive reviews, and at the same time, minimize negative reviews. So your marketing strategy should be to minimize any negative reviews, and maximize positive reviews.
4 Ways to acquire online reviews
- Using SMS/Texting apps. A text is sent to a patient asking for feedback after a visit.
- Using Email apps. An Email is sent to a patient asking for feedback after a visit.
- Using an iPad in the lobby. A patient is asked to provide feedback right after the visit.
- Using Social Media or your Website. An app can be added to your business page on Facebook or your website, asking patients to provide feedback.
There is no quick and foolproof way do this “quickly”. There are pros and cons for each approach. Google and Yelp understand that businesses are striving to acquire more positive reviews and “bury” negative feedback, their algorithms are aware of SMS requests for reviews – and they are blocking reviews posted using SMS originated requests. Having an iPad in the lobby can cause block of IP Address and so on.
Step No 6.
Social Media Marketing is another very important aspect of your marketing. Your potential and existing are hanging around on Facebook. You have to make it easy for them to do business with you. Here are 5 steps.
5 Steps for Facebook Success for Doctors & Medical Practices
- Create Facebook Business Page for your medical practice.
- Optimize FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice.
- Add apps to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. For example, add Contact Us app, add Appointment Requests app, add Promotions app.
- Add content to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice
- Advertise your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice on Facebook – There are multiple ways to promote your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. You can hire a professional ( recommended ) or do it yourself. Professionals who are certified advertising professionals will produce better results for you.
Summary for Online Success For Doctors
These 6 steps are proven to add value for hundreds of medical practices. There are many other steps you can take to further improve your strategy. Monthly Email Marketing is another strategy, among many others. Contact us so we can help you and view details GOLD package here.
PatientGain.com is a certified premier google partner for healthcare.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.