Content Marketing for Doctors and Dentists
Medical and dental practices need fresh content for compete in 2022. Healthcare marketing platform from PatientGain.com creates new content for your practice to send out each month, sets up your social media campaigns, and automates your email and content marketing strategies.
Many providers and clinic owners have trouble keeping their patients engaged with their clinics, and as a result they struggle with their patient retention. Clinics that utilize content marketing to keep in touch with patients are able to both increase the number of times that patients come to their clinic, and increase the long term value of that patient. Keeping in touch with your past patients, or prospective patients, normally requires a lot of time and effort in outreach from your staff, but with PatientGain.com your patient engagement has never been easier.
There are 2 basic rules:
A. Content should be relevant to to the patient’s expectation. If you do not have good relevant content on a website page, the patient will leave the page, and you have high “bounce” rates, and lower conversion.
B. Content should never be plagiarized, and it should promote these important areas:
1. Your business, practice name, location, address, brand
2. Your services, for example, if you offer ketamine for depression, mention how it helps patients, are there any side effects, how many treatments are typical, who is an ideal patient etc.
3. Your providers. Start with your own bio, mention your schools, credentials, degrees. Any associations and charity work? mention it. Then do the same for every provider.
4. KISS approach. Keep it simple. Your patients did not go to medical school with you. In other words, you will want to write using words they can understand and comprehend. The average American patient reads at a 7th to 12th grade level, meaning do not write overly complex english terms. Writing using terms and everyday language your community understands while mixing in medical terms for SEO purposes is generally the best way to create content. Striking the right balance will allow you to look authoritative but also not talk over their heads. You want your medical practice’s website to have a conversation with a potential patient, not lecture them about a health topic.
5. Content should be written as you are speaking to the patient. Focus of the content should be to provide useful information for a patient AND it should also mention and softly “sell” benefits.
6. To get good SEO value out of your content, you should aim to have it be between 500 and 1,000 words. If you write content that is longer than 1,000 words, be sure to organize it. Have your information organized into sections with specific themes, much like what you are currently reading. If your content is under 500 words, provide links to additional resources so potential patients can do further research.
Content should target patients and search engines. They are both equally important. Learn more about medical SEO and dental SEO, how it impacts your healthcare business
Example 1: Very effective visual content for a treatment offered by a wellness practice:
Example 2: Very effective visual content for a treatment offered by a primary care practice:
Example 3: Very effective SEO content for a treatment offered by a pain management practice in Houston TX:
Example 4: High quality content results in higher SEO rankings and higher conversion rates.
Example 5: High quality content engages a patient and answers their questions
What Is Medical Marketing Content & Why Is It Important?
1) Text, words and sentences – useful information for the reader.
2) Images with relevant tags and links
3) Videos, diagrams, and other visual aids that support the main headings, sub headings and actual paragraph text.
This information is consumed by your prospect and existing patients in the form of Website pages, Blogs, Facebook Posts, Email Newsletters, Images on Instagram, Feeds on Twitter, SMS text messages on mobile devices. Hence your medical marketing content should be interesting, attractive, useful, and provide value to your prospect patient or an existing patient. Unique quality content on your own website is the single most important factor for higher SEO rankings for doctors and medical practices.
PatientGain.com platform contains 6 different apps and services that help you with content marketing.
- Content for blogs posts added to your website, learn more about blog posts.
- Services pages SEO content updated and added for your website, learn more about SEO content.
- Facebook posts content created for your healthcare practice every month, learn more about Facebook posts.
- Instagram posts content created for your healthcare practice every month, learn more about Instagram posts.
- Google posts content created for your healthcare practice every month, learn more about Google posts.
- Custom image created to improve your branding, learn more about branding your healthcare practice.
PatientGain.com is a proven medical marketing solution, includes apps, websites, SEO, HIPAA compliance and account management.
To learn about What is the Foundation of Medical SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for Doctors
To learn about How SEO Works For Doctors Websites, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Short-cut SEO for Medical Practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Pricing and cost of SEO services for medical practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising?
To learn about Medical SEO Voice Search Optimization For Doctors (BERT)
To learn about Local Medical SEO For Doctors
To learn about Mobile SEO For Medical Websites
To learn about Zero-Click SEO for Doctors & Medical Practices
To learn about Benefits Of Medical SEO Marketing
To learn about Key Items For SEO Evaluation of Medical Websites
To learn about Avoid Risky Plans – Use Proven Medical Marketing Strategies
To learn about Medical Marketing Using Emotionally Compelling Offline Media
To learn about Pre Launch Medical Marketing Checklist for Doctors
To learn about Medical SEO vs. Medical Advertising – Which One Is Better?
To learn about Is Your Medical Website Design “Future Proof”?