Marketing For Doctors Offices $499/mon to $599/mon
Patient Acquisition Costs Can Be Anywhere From $6 To $26 Per New Patient In Most Of USA. New Patient Acquisition Costs Vary Due To Your Specific Medical Practice Discipline, Local Online Competition, Software Used And Online Techniques Embedded In Your Marketing Strategy.
Most doctors offices and practices have a great location, a dedicated and professional medical staff, proper equipment, and many hard earned certifications and qualifications. They’ve got the tools, knowledge, and ambition to provide amazing medical care to their community. However, they struggle to fill their calendar.
But they don’t have to. Marketing For Doctors Offices Solution costs $499/mon to $599/mon. GOLD Package is Used by the TOP Healthcare Medical Practices in USA.
Many doctors offices aren’t able to acquire the patients they need to keep their practice in good financial health due to a lack of an effective online advertising strategy. Some practices have taken some of the first steps by creating a medical marketing website, but they lack the tools and strategy to drive visitors to them online.
Physician Advertising for Medical Practices Can Be
1. Offline Traditional Advertising
2. Internet Online Advertising
We Highly Recommend Online Advertising for 99 Percent of Healthcare Medical Practices. Both of these approaches have merits and limitations. And costs and ROI (Return On Investment) is not the same.
13 Examples of offline advertising for physicians:
2. Yellow pages
3. Referrals from peers,
4. Networking with other providers and suppliers.
5. Printed flyers
6. Business cards
8. TV Ads
9. Radio Ads
11. Car Wraps
12. Local movie theaters
13. Mail drops
Online Advertising can be further divided into sub areas:
- Search or PPC ( Pay-Per-Click ) Advertising – Google, Yahoo and Bing are very common examples for this type of advertising. Some physicians equate this to Search Advertising.
- Display Advertising – Interest Based Advertising.
- Social Media Advertising – Interest Based & Demographic Advertising. Can be visual, textual, video based.
- Geo-Targeted / Geo-Fenced Advertising – Used by Apps, Search, Social Media and Location Aware apps, among others.
- Re-Marketing – Based on a User’s Past History, Past Interests and Predicted Behaviour
- Similar Competitive Interest Based Advertising
Some physicians consider SEO (Search Engine Optimization) a part of Online Advertising. There are dozens of other variations based on these 6 major types approaches.
6 Pillars of Medical Marketing for Physicians.
Impact of SEO on Online Marketing for Doctors & Medical Practices
Over 82 Percent of Patients Search for a Medical Practice Service or a Doctor Using Google and Google Related Online Tools – Like Google Maps, Google Local Listings, Google Ppc Ads, Google Reviews. So Google Is the Most Important Part of Your Online Strategy. Facebook and Other Mediums Are Also Effective. Seo for Doctors Can Be Divided Into 5 Main Areas:
- Google Organic Search Engine Results
- Google Local SEO Results
- Google Maps Results
- Google Reviews Results
- SEM – Search Engine Marketing – A.K.A PPC Ads – Top Area for Google Ads. Although this is Paid Ads, but many doctors consider this a part of SEO
Each of these 5 areas can be further divided in sub areas and each area can be quite complex, that there are books written on each area.
In a Very Simple View, There Are 3 Important Aspects to Understand for Your Medical Practice’s Online Marketing Strategy:
- Local SEO
- Organic SEO
- Paid Advertising – Also known as SEM – Search Engine Marketing, or PPC Advertising.
Local SEO For Doctors Defined
Google search is extremely powerful and most important factor for your medical practice’s success. Patientgain.com’s data shows that 78 percent of your online success is tied to Google as a company. Let’s face it – patients go to Google Search to look for healthcare related services. When a patient searches for a medical service – for example below – a patient is searching for “Sleep apnea clinic near me” the patient is located in suburbs of Bloomington IL The top area is the Google Ads, The next area is Google Maps, the Google Listings, Google Reviews are displayed, and also link to websites. This is called Local SEO. Organic results are further down on the page. Your medical practice should show for these results for at-least top 12 keywords. This is a process and cannot simply be accomplished quickly.
Example of SEO Optimizations & Impact on New Patient Acquisition:
Refer to figure and example below: Based on a real data from one of PatientGain.com’s dashboards.
Google organic results show 1940 visits, with 2.25 page visits with total page views of 4364.
Google PPC results show 1358 visits, with 1.82 page with total page views of 2466.
You can see that impact from Yahoo & Bing is marginal. Over 82% of the patients are as a result from Google. This includes Google Maps, Google business listing and Google reviews. PatientGain.com data shows that Google has the most impact on your patient acquisition and patient engagement. Facebook and other social media mediums are improving, but Google is still the biggest influencer for Medical Practices. Our data shows that as a medical provider of services, you need to focus on Google first, Facebook next. All other mediums are secondary.
Online Marketing For Doctors Offices
Luckily, PatientGain.com has developed a solution to the problem of patient acquisition, and has helped medical industry leaders across the US drastically improve their patient generation and patient communication. Patient acquisition costs can be anywhere from $6 to $26 per new patient in most US areas, and if your practice is located in a competitive area, your costs can be even higher. Patient acquisition does not have to be a confusing and unknown area for doctors. By looking at leading clinics and medical practices, you can better understand how your practice should design your patient acquisition strategy.
Physicians and practice owners have vastly differing levels of promotional experience and sophistication but most fall into one of the following three areas:
Three Levels of Online Marketing Adoption By Healthcare Practices
1) Beginner Level – Marketing Awareness For Doctors & Medical Practices
Marketing and advertising are considered as an after-thought that can be managed by staff members like the front office staff or administrators. The general viewpoint of doctors’ offices at this level is that with any kind of basic or free website, new patients looking for their services will be automatically directed to them via Google, Bing, Yahoo, or other online search channels. However, this perception is far removed from the reality of their situation. Without a strategy and software tools, these offices won’t be able to be seen by potential patients online, or convert the few visitors that find them. At this level you are focused on your patient’s health ( which is great and expected ) but you are ignoring your online strategy.
2) Intermediate Level – Marketing Awareness For Doctors
Practices at this level have reached acceptable average daily patient counts. They have a clinic admin working with a local web-designer, and have put up a nice looking website, but there is no focus on online success and building a strategy to drive new patients every day. These doctors hope that because they’ve worked with a contractor to build a website, it will naturally result in steady and predictable patient generation and clinic growth. Some of these practices may be doing some online advertising on Google, trying email marketing, or have put up a Facebook page for their business. This is a good starting point, but most practices don’t execute these strategies at an effective level, where they are creating growth in their patient counts. The internet is where your competition acquires their new patients, and to ensure that your practice remains competitive you need an online marketing approach that is effective. To protect your business’s health, your practice needs more than a website; you need a partner with healthcare marketing expertise, intelligent software, and a comprehensive online strategy for your practice.
3) Optimized Level – Marketing Awareness For Doctors
Doctors and medical practices at this level understand that online strategy is by far the #1 method to grow patient volumes, and build their business’s profitability. Driving patients to your door, and out-performing the competition on the internet, requires a depth of online marketing expertise, effective software, and a profound understanding of medical practice operations. Doctors and healthcare practices often have to enlist outside help in order to execute an effective online strategy, but the combination of skills, knowledge, and tools necessary to do so is found among very few marketing or advertising companies. However, healthcare industry leaders and many successful single and multi-location clinics, use PatientGain.com’s Healthcare Platform to drive their clinics’ growth. PatientGain.com’s software enables our customers to painlessly acquire new patients, effectively communicate and engage with their patients, and grow their business.
Patientgain.com’s Optimized and Successful Solution Is Not Focused on Technology, but on Results.
1) Targeted online advertising for Patient Acquisition
2) Software along with online and medical industry expertise for Patient Retention
3) Effective communication and online marketing for Patient Engagement
4) Effective advertising and marketing strategies for low Patient Acquisition costs
Don’t spend time, effort, and money working with multiple vendors to build an unproven system that’s responsible for your practice’s growth. PatientGain.com’s turnkey solution has proven success for clinics across the US, and is trusted by your industry leaders to grow their businesses. The PatientGain.com healthcare platform provides you with an intelligent conversion website, patient CRM, advanced online advertising, inbound and outbound marketing automation applications, and much more. On top of our apps, we also provide customer support and service that is second to none.
Free Website is included with GOLD Package.
Thousands of medical clinics struggle every day to fill their calendar with patients. They have a great location, dedicated professional medical staff, proper equipment, many hard earned certifications and qualifications. They also have a nice looking Website. However what they lack is a sophisticated online marketing software and expertise. These days having a nice looking website is not enough to generate new patient clients. If your clinic needs to retain existing patients for repeat services and procedures, then you need additional strategies and intelligent software. PatientGain.com has 20+ applications designed just for this. These applications are used by the TOP healthcare companies from coast to coast.
6 Steps for Online Success For Doctors
Step No 1.
As medical practitioners, we have to realize that patient behavior is changing. Patients are now looking for medical services online. 88 percent of patients search online for medical services and clinic information. Even 47 percent of existing patients look for additional, related services online on your own website or your competitor’s websites. So you must be present on the Web. 60 percent to 72 percent of patients look for your services, check your online reviews, using a mobile device. Make sure that you have website that is focused on Mobile Marketing for doctors. Here are many examples of great ( and free Mobile, responsive and intelligent) websites. Once your medical practice is online, there are 5 additional important areas to cover.
Step No 2.
In US, approximately, 78 percent of the time, your patients are going to use Google search engine to look for medical related services, reviews and other information. So your first step is have a top notch Google presence. Other places are important also, like Facebook, Yahoo, Bing etc. But start with Google. There are 6 important aspects of Google presence.
- Google Local Listing for your medical practice
- Google Maps, verified listing
- Google Reviews rankings
- Google Posts
- Google Organic results
- Google Paid Search
Each of these should be addressed by your online strategy for your medical practice. Many doctors and practice managers think that having a nice looking website will suffice. Unfortunately it is no longer enough to have a nice website and a Facebook page.
Each of the above mentioned 6 important aspects of Google presence require attention to detail, time and commitment, not to mention financial investment.
Step No 3.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Practices can be defined in many ways. To provide you with a high level guidance, these 5 areas are most important:
A. Google Local Listing for your medical practice
- Create a Google account
- Add you clinic’s accurate information – Name, address are the most important information – Phone should be checked.
- If your practice’s information is incorrect, you will have correct it
- You may have to claim your listing also.
- In certain cases you may have duplicate listings, these should be resolved.
- There are dozens of other Local directories – They should be checked and updated. But Google, Facebook, Yelp, Yahoo/bing are the most important ones. Start with these.
B. Google Maps, verified listing
- Create a Google account
- Add you clinic’s accurate information in the Maps
- If your practice’s information is in correct, you will have correct it – sometime the Map Pin is Inaccurate
- You may have to claim your Map listing also.
- In certain cases you may have duplicate listings, these should be resolved.
- There are many of other map based directories – They should be checked and updated. But Google, Map Quest, Apple Map are the most important.
C. Google Reviews rankings
- Create a Google account
- Check you reviews and ratings
- If your practice’s reviews are 4.5 and over 100 reviews on Google, then you are doing well. If less than this, you will need to focus on this area.
- Other important review sites are Yelp, Facebook and HealthGrades. But start with Google.
D. Google Posts
Posting on Google is a new way to share relevant, fresh content with the people who are searching for you. Use images, videos and even animated GIFs to engage your audience, and add inline links to drive traffic to specific content. This enhanced format allows searchers to hear directly from the primary source — you — and complements existing results from across the web.
E. Google Organic results
Your content on your website is the most important factor on your website. Content refers to your text, headings, sub-headings, main paragraph, images, videos, blogs etc. Your website must contain non-copied, non-plagiarized content.
Step No 4.
Every year, billions of dollars are spent on online advertising. Very broadly, online advertising can be divided into 2 main categories:
- Display advertising
- Search advertising
As a doctor and a medical practice manager, both of these are important for you. You can acquire new patients using both of these mediums.
Display advertising is a type of online advertising that comes in several forms, including banner ads, rich media and more. Unlike text-based ads, display advertising relies on elements such as images, audio and video to communicate an advertising message. For example, if your potential patient is on Facebook and has recently clicked on or watched a video related to Breast Augmentation medical procedure and treatment, ads related this subject can be displayed to the potential patients. This is an example of display ads.
Search advertising is very common. Every time you are on Google and type a search term, lets say “Urgent Care near me”, Google search engine will usually display ads on the top of the web page. In the middle, there is a map, reviews and business listings, and at the bottom, there are organic or free search results. The advertisers pay a fee to display their ads in the top area. If a user clicks on any of the ads, the advertiser pays a fee for each “Click” This is called Pay-Per-Click advertising. For medical practices and doctors, this is very effective and creates excellent ROI. Google PPC ads produce excellent results, however it is complex and requires a professional to manage your campaign.
Step No 5.
Reviews marketing is another emerging area. Online reviews are impacting decisions of your prospect patients dramatically. This is one area that will make your medical clinic shine or impact negatively more than any other strategy. In fact it should not be a marketing strategy, it should be a necessity.
There are 4 ways to acquire positive reviews, and at the same time, minimize negative reviews. So your marketing strategy should be to minimize any negative reviews, and maximize positive reviews.
4 Ways to acquire online reviews
- Using SMS/Texting apps. A text is sent to a patient asking for feedback after a visit.
- Using Email apps. An Email is sent to a patient asking for feedback after a visit.
- Using an iPad in the lobby. A patient is asked to provide feedback right after the visit.
- Using Social Media or your Website. An app can be added to your business page on Facebook or your website, asking patients to provide feedback.
There is no quick and foolproof way do this “quickly”. There are pros and cons for each approach. Google and Yelp understand that businesses are striving to acquire more positive reviews and “bury” negative feedback, their algorithms are aware of SMS requests for reviews – and they are blocking reviews posted using SMS originated requests. Having an iPad in the lobby can cause block of IP Address and so on.
Step No 6.
Social Media Marketing is another very important aspect of your marketing. Your potential and existing are hanging around on Facebook. You have to make it easy for them to do business with you. Here are 5 steps.
5 Steps for Facebook Success for Doctors & Medical Practices
- Create Facebook Business Page for your medical practice.
- Optimize FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice.
- Add apps to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. For example, add Contact Us app, add Appointment Requests app, add Promotions app.
- Add content to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice
- Advertise your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice on Facebook – There are multiple ways to promote your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. You can hire a professional ( recommended ) or do it yourself. Professionals who are certified advertising professionals will produce better results for you.
Facebook VS Google Advertising For Doctors
Facebook advertising can be very effective, just like Google search advertising. However, overall Google search ads perform much better than Facebook display ads. The ROI is greater for advertising for doctors on Google search. Lets go over an example below.
The time frame is 1 month, 30 days. The budget spent is almost the same on Google Search and Facebook Ads for this medical practice.
Google CPC resulted in 2241 total visits, with 5078 page views, on average 2.27 page views per visit. During this time there were 78 conversions and 13 new sales. Each sale is approx $5000 for this medical clinic.
Facebook CPC resulted in 2036 total visits, with 2593 page views, on average 1.27 page views per visit. During this time there were 16 conversions and 4 new sales. Each sale is approx $5000 for this medical clinic.
Based on this and similar data, we know that Facebook ads work, however ROI from Google search ads is much higher.
Opening Your New Medical Practice and Clinic – 8 Important Steps.
Many times, doctors reach out to us and ask us what are the key steps to make sure that I have a successful launch of new location or practice. Step no 1 is ALWAYS – Get your website ready with proper content, software and HIPAA compliance. Beyond this, here are 7 important steps we should do – This is a very good checklist :
1. Google Plus Business page: Claim and verify the page. Then optimize the page with complete business information and add 3 to 4 posts – Announcing your opening date.
2. Facebook Business page: Claim and verify the page. Then optimize the page with complete business information and add 3 to 4 posts – Announcing your opening date. Make sure all 5 PatientGain.com’s Social Media apps are installed.
3. Monthly Newsletter checked. Every month PatientGain.com creates Ready-To-Go Newsletters. Check the content, links and CTA (Call To Action)
4. Promotions Updated on Website and Facebook Business page: PatientGain.com system has apps to promote your Promotions – PatientGain.com’s designers create attractive and compelling promotions for your medical practice.
5. Banner App updated with your opening announcement: PatientGain.com’s banner app is simple to use and allows you to change the Banner on your Website, Mobile site from a mobile device.
6. Sweepstakes Promotion App launch on FB and on Website: PatientGain.com’s Sweepstakes app allows you to create a campaign on your Website, Facebook and Newsletters. Using this app allows you to create buzz, before you open and even after.
7. Paid ads strategy: One day before you open, your Google ads should be started. There are many ways to advertise online, for example, Yahoo, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, Re-Marketing ads – and so on. There are unlimited choices. We recommend starting with Google PPC Ads. Our data shows that your online success is tied to Google, more than anything else.
8. Reviews Strategy: As you open doors for your business, be prepared that you would want to proactively manage your online reputation. There are 4 apps to maximize positive reviews and minimize negative reviews. Setup and test the apps so you can easily start acquiring positive reviews.
HIPAA Compliant Applications For Doctors & Medical Practices
As you build your practice and market your services online, you are going to be noticed by bad actors who may try to break into your website and online applications. Even a simple website that displays your basic information and has a contact form or Email listed, is an opening for bad actors from overseas.
PatientGain.com highly recommends that your website should not be run on commodity servers. All patient related information collected from your website or originated from your website, is subject to HIPAA.
Healthcare Advertising VS Healthcare Marketing
Many healthcare professionals confuse Healthcare Advertising with Healthcare Marketing.
Advertising is just ONE of the many "things", "programs" or "techniques" launched to achieve a successful Marketing Program. So Medical advertising is one, but very important part of Medical Marketing for a practice. For example if you are a pediatric physician with focus on urgent care for children, and your goal is to acquire more patients, you may want to "market" your practice in 20 mile radius for potential parents of patients who may seek Pediatric Urgent Care. For this effort you would typically have many things to do :
Step 1: Sign for the building
Step 2: Business cards
Step 3: Doctor's bio printed and promoted to local primary care physicians
Step 4: Providing free "meet-and-greet" for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 5: Collaboration with local schools for "low-cost" physicals for school athletes
Step 6: Mail drop in 5 mile radius using USPS mail and flyers for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 7: Networking with other local businesses close to your own location
Step 8: Using social media campaigns
Step 9: Making the lobby of the clinic a pleasing place for parents of potential pediatric patients and for children
Step 10: Referral program to market using existing for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 11: Launching your online strategy to market your practice
Step 12: Offline advertising offline for your healthcare practice
Step 13: Online Advertising for your healthcare practice
Healthcare Advertising Defined
Advertising for doctors can be offline or online. Offline advertising for doctors refers to Billboards, Newspapers, Paper Yellow Pages, Ads in Cinemas, Radio Ads.
Online Advertising for doctors refers to advertising focused on internet based mediums. For example:
- Google search advertising
- Facebook display ads
- SEO / Search Engine Optimizations
- Website conversion techniques to improve the actual patients generation from your website
- Advertising on Instagram
- Email marketing
- SMS/Text based marketing
- Display advertising
6 Key Pillars of Healthcare Medical Marketing for Physicians. Used by the Top Clinics in USA and Canada.
Your patients start their journey to find your medical services in many ways. They may have immediate need for specific service, like a parent looking for a “pediatric urgent care near me” and over 78 percentage of the time they will go to Google and search. And majority of the time, this is done on a mobile cell phone device. You may have a client looking for specific MedSpa service like “Coolsculpting clinic near me” for non-invasive weight loss. There are millions of ways patients search and look for your services, every day, however, majority of the patients use online mediums like, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Yahoo, Bing etc to find a medical service provider.
6 Key Pillars of Healthcare Medical Marketing
Pillar No 1 - Patient Trust is the Foundation of Medical Marketing Success for Your Practice.
Provide excellent patient care and medical services to your target patients. Treat every patient like they are your first patient. Healthcare practices who focus on high customer/patient service have a solid foundation. From medical marketing perspective, Patient Trust starts from the moment they land on your website or read your online reviews.
Pillar No 2 - Medical Practice's Website.
Your website is the face of your practice. Your website can be an asset or a liability. Your website should look and perform better than your clinic's practice. Moreover your website should always build your brand.
Pillar No 3 - Medical Practice's Online Reputation.
Your online reputation – Number of 5 star reviews on Google is the most impactful strategy you can employ. Facebook, HealthGrades, Yelp and other sites are also important however Google Reviews ranking of 4.3 or higher with 100 or more reviews will make a huge impact on your business. We have seen the data and we are excited to help you achieve this.
Pillar No 4 - Medical Practice's Online SEO and Advertising.
SEO and Advertising. Having a nice website is a Step 1 – But if you are not improving the SEO on a monthly basis, you will be left behind. Advertising on Google and Facebook will further improve your patient acquisition.
Pillar No 5 - Medical Practice's Social Media Strategy.
Social media strategy to engage with existing and potential patients. Key strategies include
1) Installing intelligent apps on your Facebook business page
2) Posting weekly on Facebook business page
3) Posting daily on your Google Posts.
3) Advertising on Social Media - Start with Facebook
Pillar No 6 - Medical Practice's Patient Communication Strategy.
Effective patient communication strategy. Here is a great starting list
1) HIPAA compliant communication from your website
2) HIPAA compliant communication from Facebook.
3) SMS-Texting from your website
4) EMR integration
5) Monthly Email marketing
6) Daily Posts on Google Business Page
7) Weekly Posts on Facebook
8) Monthly Promotions offered
9) Conversion Technology and Techniques
SIX PILLARS OF HEALTHCARE MARKETING
This is the GOLD Solution From PatientGain
3 Key Elements of Facebook Marketing For Physicians
It is easy to be confused by how and when to use Facebook platform for medical marketing. There are 3 key areas for Facebook marketing.
No 1. Facebook Posting
Facebook posting allows you to engage with patients who like your Business Page. We have seen very good results for physicians and medical practices who provide useful information about their services. Facebook Posts are designed for engagement and it takes a significant amount of time and money to develop a healthy following using Facebook Posts for doctors.
No 2. Facebook Apps
Facebook apps appear at the left column of your Facebook Business Page. They allow you to engage with patients who visit your Business Page. In a way, Facebook Business Page is evolving to be a simple website for your medical practice. So each tab or the app can be used to capture leads, book appointments, show your promotions to your patients. We have seen very good results for physicians and medical practices who provide HIPAA compliant apps on Facebook Business Page.
No 3. Facebook Advertising
Facebook Advertising costs extra, and this is how Facebook as a company makes money. Just like Google advertising, Facebook advertising can be very effective to attract new patients to your practice. We have seen very good results for physicians and medical practices who advertise their services.
Summary for Online Success For Doctors
These 6 steps are proven to add value for hundreds of medical practices. There are many other steps you can take to further improve your strategy. Monthly Email Marketing is another strategy, among many others. Contact us so we can help you and view details GOLD package here.
PatientGain.com is a certified premier google partner for healthcare.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.