Top 10 Medical Marketing KPI’s – Key Performance Indicators
Many Practice Managers Often Confuse Medical Practice’s Objectives and Goals with Medical Marketing KPIs and Healthcare KPIs & Metrics
Goals and Objectives for your medical practice can be as follows: (these are examples)
- Increase daily patient count at location in Palo Alto California by 20 patients per day in the next 12 months
- Increase patient satisfaction by 30% at location in Palo Alto California in the next 12 months
- Reduce patient acquisition costs by 10% at location in Palo Alto California in the next 6 months
10 Most Important Medical Marketing KPIs
In order to achieve these goals, objectives or desired business results, the practice manager or medical director of a practice has to typically consider “how” to achieve these desired goals. Next step to select medical marketing software,medical marketing vendors, service providers and medical marketing consultants for these various tasks. Sometime the practice manager or medical director has enough resources like an internal staff who can oversee these initiatives and provide status to the practice manager or medical director. Once the practice manager or medical director has established a medical marketing strategy, he or she has to come up with KPIs to measure ongoing progress and success of each area.
Working with hundreds of healthcare providers, PatientGain.com has established that there are 10 key KPIs for your medical marketing strategy. These are built into you PatientGain.com’s Medical Marketing Dashboards.
Most Important KPIs. There are many – actually hundreds of ways to measure what happens online to promote your practice/clinic. Some of them are simply “noise”- We recommend the following list as a best practice. It has worked for hundreds of medical practices across the US and Canada.
- Actual Patient Count – no one will question you if your actual patient count increases
- Number of phone calls – 73 percent of patients still want to “call you”
- Appointment requests/inquiries – Using apps on Facebook and your mobile site allow patients to request an appointment
- Local SEO Rankings – Extremely important to optimize Google, Yelp and Facebook business pages
- Organic SEO Rankings – Identify your top 10 key words, and measure your performance. Then expand and go beyond the top 10.
- Online Advertising & PPC Data & Metrics. Capture GEO locations, demographic data for better targeting
- Engagement Data – Social Media – Facebook Posts
- Mobile Engagement Data
- Emails Marketing
- Non-Social Engagement