Patient Satisfaction Surveys for Medical Office HIPAA Compliant.
Avoid 1. Fines 2. Loss of Business 3. Expensive Remediation 4. Loss of Patient Confidence
If your medical practice suffers a data breach or if it is found you’ve violated HIPAA compliance, you could suffer severe penalties. These include:
• Loss of business license
• Expensive remediation
• Loss of patient confidence
• Damaging of online reputation
What are the benefits of HIPAA Compliance?
Being HIPAA compliant isn’t an option, like offering online appointments. As a medical practice, you have been required by law to comply with the HIPAA Privacy Rule and HIPAA Security Rule. This law has been in place since 1996 and has been modified a few times over the last two decades. It would benefit you as a business owner to familiarize yourself with the law to ensure you don’t accidentally wander into non-compliance. Understanding the law protects your business and helps reduce risks. Applying this to patient surveys affords you the same protection and the benefits of getting patient feedback.
How do I send surveys while maintaining HIPAA compliance?
Sending surveys with HIPAA compliance boils down to handling patient data. Sensitive data must be treated with care when being moved throughout your business, and when inquiries are sent out. What qualifies as sensitive information? This definition is spelled out in HIPAA laws, “PHI” or protected health information, and ePHI or electronic protected health information. Whenever this data is accessed, shared, stored, or transmitted, you need to know how it travels to understand your risk and possible non-compliance. When sending out a survey that is accessing a database, that access must be protected. PatientGain.com uses the best data handling practices to maintain HIPAA Compliance. Our software has integrated security protocols that can securely access patient data to send out patient surveys. The digital landscape is full of new and emerging threats to data security. As a doctor, it would be challenging to keep up to date on everything going on in digital security and HIPAA compliance. The experts at PatientGain.com are up to date and reviewing the latest news and best practices being discussed in the industry. We are continually updating our protocols and security to safely send out patient surveys with little risk for a data breach.
Patients will participate in surveys if they trust their data is protected by using HIPAA compliant surveys.
News reports about massive data breaches appear every year. Each one always sends a flurry of emails to people about changing their passwords, canceling their credit cards, or monitoring their credit. People are keenly aware that data breaches are possible and that they happen all too often. A patient’s medical data is much more valuable to them than a store credit card. A data breach at a medical clinic or any other healthcare business can cause substantial harm to their reputation that will not be quickly undone. Using HIPAA compliant surveys reduces the risk of a data breach to your medical clinic. While HIPAA’s inner workings and security requirements are not well known by the general public, they know that being HIPAA compliant is a good thing. Having a comprehensive data protection plan for your patient surveys and security protocols will help them gain confidence and trust in your medical practice. It will also boost their participation, which is the overall goal of sending out a survey in the first place.
What is a proactive data protection plan?
Consider a regular data protection plan as a wall you put around your house or a moat. It is built, static, and remains there. However, walls can be climbed; moats can be crossed. It will work for a while, but someone is bound to figure out how to crack it. A proactive data protection plan adapts to emerging threats in the healthcare industry. While a regular data protection plan is a castle wall, a proactive data protection plan is a castle wall with an active garrison on the lookout for invaders. Your medical practice needs a proactive data protection plan for your entire business, including your patient surveys. PatientGain.com uses a proactive data protection plan for our clients and applies it to the patient surveys we send out on their behalf. We are always monitoring the latest threats and updating our software to counteract them to keep your medical clinic HIPAA compliant. We apply all of the best data protection practices to our software, allowing you to control who has access to your data and track who it moves throughout your medical clinic. While the general public may not understand what goes into this plan, assuring them that your patient survey is protected by a proactive data protection plan to ensure long term HIPAA Compliance will build trust with them.
Applying HIPAA security standards to your patient surveys increases your bottom line.
Spending money now protecting your data with your patient surveys means you will not have to spend more money later fixing a data breach and repairing damage to your reputation. Compare it to getting the brakes replaced on your car. Sure, your brakes will work fine at first, but over time they wear down. You can wait until they fail, but that could cause a lot more damage and cost a lot more than replacing them. If your patient survey leads to a wider data breach at your medical clinic, you may have to implement expensive remediation efforts required by HIPAA. It will cost more money to implement new systems, retrain your staff, buy new equipment, and submit reports to ensure you maintain compliance. Avoid that complete hassle and waste of money by using HIPAA compliant patient surveys today!
Call PaitientGain.com today and let us walk you through the patient surveys we use to help other clients get feedback from their patients. We can show you proven results and offer you top-notch data protection to ensure your entire medical clinic is HIPAA compliant. Make an appointment today, and let us help you grow your business!
Setup Initial Meeting With PatientGain
4 Important Tactics For Online Healthcare Marketing Strategy
- Focus on Patient Acquisition – This area focuses on your website, SEO, online advertising (Google, Facebook, Instagram etc), tracking of leads, secure HIPAA compliant CRM.
- Patient Engagement – This area focuses on your ability to engage patients. For example, Facebook and Google posts, Texting/SMS from your website so you can capture leads. Referral strategy, monthly Email marketing, auto-follow up emails and texts. Building a fan base on social media.
- Patient Revenue – This area focuses on your ability to monetize your marketing. Many doctors are doing a great job on marketing, but they are missing out on maximizing revenue per patient. Life time value of patient has 2 aspects. First initial visit and revenue generated by the first initial visit. Second part has to do with Life-Time-Value (LTV) of each patient – This could be a much bigger number and when calculating ROI – Return On Investment, should also be calculated. The second area is most overlooked by doctors.
- Reputation Management – This area can be a headache or a winning differentiator for your medical practice. As you service your patients, your plan should be as every patient ( shortly after providing service ) asking them “Based on your experience with our medical practice, would you recommend us”. This is probably the most important question you can ask. This can be done 4 different ways. 1) Personally asking them – This approach is most effective, however in real life, it is simply not possible. 2) Using Texting/SMS app sending a similar question and asking if they are happy with your service and willing to recommend you. If they say “yes” then software sends them link to a review site. 3) Using Email similar strategy is implemented. 4) Using an I-Pad in the lobby, similar strategy can be implemented. However this requires some clever software for changing the IP address.
Healthcare Advertising VS Healthcare Marketing
Many healthcare professionals confuse Healthcare Advertising with Healthcare Marketing.
Advertising is just ONE of the many “things”, “programs” or “techniques” launched to achieve a successful Marketing Program. So Medical advertising is one, but very important part of Medical Marketing for a practice. For example if you are a pediatric physician with focus on urgent care for children, and your goal is to acquire more patients, you may want to “market” your practice in 20 mile radius for potential parents of patients who may seek Pediatric Urgent Care. For this effort you would typically have many things to do :
Step 1: Sign for the building
Step 2: Business cards
Step 3: Doctor’s bio printed and promoted to local primary care physicians
Step 4: Providing free “meet-and-greet” for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 5: Collaboration with local schools for “low-cost” physicals for school athletes
Step 6: Mail drop in 5 mile radius using USPS mail and flyers for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 7: Networking with other local businesses close to your own location
Step 8: Using social media campaigns
Step 9: Making the lobby of the clinic a pleasing place for parents of potential pediatric patients and for children
Step 10: Referral program to market using existing for parents of potential pediatric patients
Step 11: Launching your online strategy to market your practice
Step 12: Offline advertising offline for your healthcare practice
Step 13: Online Advertising for your healthcare practice
Healthcare Advertising Defined
Advertising for doctors can be offline or online. Offline advertising for doctors refers to Billboards, Newspapers, Paper Yellow Pages, Ads in Cinemas, Radio Ads.
Online Advertising for doctors refers to advertising focused on internet based mediums. For example:
- Google search advertsing
- Facebook display ads
- SEO / Search Engine Optimizations
- Website conversion techniques to improve the actual patients generation from your website
- Advertising on Instagram
- Email marketing
- SMS/Text based marketing
- Display advertising
Email Marketing Benefits for Doctors and Medical Practices
What are the benefits of email marketing for healthcare businesses like doctors, dentists, and other medical professionals?
Despite the changes in technology in recent years, email marketing remains a powerful tool to reach more patients and grow your business. Although you may have heard that some marketing gurus frown upon this marketing channel, studies show that your patient love useful information and are you are more likely to acquire new patients through email marketing than through social media channels. SEO and online advertising is still the no channel for medical professionals, Email marketing included with other channels. Another important data point – 68 percent of your Emails are read on mobile devices, iphones and other smartphones, in USA and Canada.
“Let Me Check My Emails” is overwhelmingly at least one of the reasons why people log online and in some cases, it is the only reason why people log on. Email marketing does not solely need to be about plugging your services or products. Instead, connect with your patients by sharing information about your practice and promote good health practices. Email marketing is a cost-effective way to build relationships with your patients, allowing you to highlight your medical practice and what you can do for them. You’ll reach more patients but with less time, effort, and money.
Why should I be using email marketing in my medical practice?
Email marketing will generate more leads for your practice. If patients take the step to sign up for your email list, they’ve shown they want to know more information about your business. Emails are also very easily shared among the patient’s friends and family, exposing more people to your practice and the services you offer.
Email marketing often leads to increase patient conversions to your business. Unlike some other marketing channels, you can follow a patient’s journey from the email through your website to where they eventually make an appointment. This information can show you what areas are popular among possible patients during that time of year, and you can improve your website’s overall flow by identifying any areas where people abruptly leave your site.
Compared to traditional marketing channels like print or direct mail, email marketing is cost-effective. Compare the month to month costs of email marketing with the month to month costs of traditional marketing. In many cases, you will get much more bang for your buck. Unlike sending out postcards or newsletters, you’ll be able to see how many people actually open your emails.
Studies show that for every $1 you spend on email marketing; it repays itself many times over. You’ll be able to determine the ROI (Return On Investment) on every single email campaign you send. This allows you to know how effective your money is being spent and gives you a chance to improve future campaigns to make them even more effective.
Finally, email marketing will lead to more patients. You can send patients coupons, news about sales, discounts and new services you are offering. Patients will appreciate getting a “sneak peek” on any new sales or services before the general public does. This will only increase their loyalty to your medical practice and have them recommend it to friends and family.
What are some good tips for email marketing for healthcare practices?
- Patient security and permission is your number 1 priority. Make sure you receive a patient’s explicit authorization to add them to your email list before you start to market to them. It is rude and in many cases, illegal to email people unsolicited without their permission. Too many “spam” reports, and you’ll be blacklisted from most email providers. Also, asking for permission from a patient gives them peace of mind that you are respecting their information and privacy.
- Grab their attention with the subject line. Do you know how many emails a person gets a day? On average, it is over 100. Stand out from the crowd and make sure your subject line is unique and eye-catching. The more compelling it is, the more likely it is to be read!
- Consider the frequency of your email blasts. Nearly 50% of customers say they get too many marketing emails and unsubscribe from a mailing list. For you to keep a stable list of patients to email, don’t email them too often, regardless of how many offers you may have. Avoid being label as a spammer and pick your spots to send out an email to the masses. Find a happy middle ground of not emailing them too much they mark you as spam and so little that they forget who you are.
- Try segmentation to target specific customers. The segmentation of your email list, or putting them in groups where people share similar qualities, is an effective way to get more clicks and emails opened. It allows you to customize an email campaign to patients, making it more relevant to them. This increases their engagement, and therefore makes it more likely for them to engage your business.
- Use automation to save time and energy! One of the most powerful features of email marketing is the ability to set up schedules to send out emails, allowing you to focus your attention on other things with your business. Establish triggers or thresholds to send out customized emails to patients. For example, appointment reminders and post-appointment survey emails are effective ways to connect to your patients.
Email marketing gives you a direct line of communication to current and new patients. This engagement on a personal level improves the patient-doctor relationships and helps cement them to be long term patients of a practice. You can present your medical practice as a trusted brand and keep patients up to date with the services you offer.
What can PatientGain.com Email Marketing do for me?
One of our most popular email marketing packages can provide your practice with 12 newsletters per year and six more seasonal newsletters. We will target your new and existing patients with interesting, topical information about your practice and other healthcare news. This vital marketing tool will promote your brand and engage with your patients and reactivates old ones who have not been to your location in a while.
Our emails are also optimized to appear on any device. Over 2/3’s of people read their emails on a mobile device. We’ll ensure your email campaigns look great on any phone, tablet, or desktop computer.
How does PatientGain.com make my email marketing more effective?
Your email campaigns are only going to work as well as your email lists allow them to be. If your contact file is inaccurate or hasn’t been updated, you will likely not have a beneficial email marketing channel. You can easily be labeled as a spammer if your emails bounce back, contain invalid or inaccurate contacts, or if you get complaints from patients. Once blacklisted, your emails may not even show up in a patient’s mailbox, being relegated to the “Spam Folder” of any email provider.
Our automated tools in our software allow you to focus on the patients in your clinic while we take care of your email marketing strategy. We can easily add new contacts to your email list with our Auto Loader app. New contacts are uploaded securely and in full HIPAA compliance.
What are some results you’ve seen with your customers?
We have a customer who has 7 locations in the rural and suburbs of a major city. On average, they get 54 patients per clinic. After implementing our Email Marketing Program, they saw average patient engagement increased by 11% over five months. We saw increased engagement in surveys, patient feedback, newsletters, and promotional emails. New patient acquisitions increased by about 3% and repeat patient visits increased by about 8% compared to the previous year.
How does PatientGain.com keep my email lists fresh?
Our software will automatically scrub your email lists to ensure your contact lists are accurate, improving your sender reputation. This frees up your time, instead of having management or clinic staff manually go through your contact list. When new contacts come into your CRM, our system will check them against your database pulling out: any invalid contacts, those who have asked not to be emailed in the past or have a habit of marking an email as “spam.” Each contact is graded, and those with poor grades are automatically purged from your email lists. When you send out your campaigns, we’ll check for any unsubscribe notices or bounced emails and remove them as well. You can send out emails without worrying about being flagged as a spammer.
Want to learn more about what PateitnGaint.com can do for your clinic and improve your email marketing, patient acquisition, and patient engagement. Contact us and request a demo today!
PatientGain.com is a proven medical marketing solution, includes apps, websites, SEO, HIPAA compliance and account management.
To learn about What is the Foundation of Medical SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for Doctors
To learn about How SEO Works For Doctors Websites, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Short-cut SEO for Medical Practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about Pricing and cost of SEO services for medical practices, this is a good starting page.
To learn about How Much Do Doctors Spend On Advertising?
To learn about Medical SEO Voice Search Optimization For Doctors (BERT)
To learn about Local Medical SEO For Doctors
To learn about Mobile SEO For Medical Websites
To learn about Zero-Click SEO for Doctors & Medical Practices
To learn about Benefits Of Medical SEO Marketing
To learn about Key Items For SEO Evaluation of Medical Websites
To learn about Avoid Risky Plans – Use Proven Medical Marketing Strategies
To learn about Medical Marketing Using Emotionally Compelling Offline Media
To learn about Pre Launch Medical Marketing Checklist for Doctors
To learn about Medical SEO vs. Medical Advertising – Which One Is Better?
To learn about Is Your Medical Website Design “Future Proof”?
To learn about Medical Website Conversion Strategies
To learn about Medical Website Content Marketing Strategy
To learn about How to Acquire New Patients for Your Medical Practice
To learn about Medical Website Applications