Digital Marketing for Medical Practices Costs $699 per month.
Online marketing for physicians can be divided into 11 areas:
- Search or PPC ( Pay-Per-Click ) Marketing – Google, Yahoo and Bing are very common examples for this type of advertising. Some physicians equate this to Search Advertising. There are hundreds of variations within this category alone.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization – This refers to techniques and content placed of your website so search engines like Google can find you and rank you higher for specific keywords. Consumers (your patients) use mobile devices and computers to type in phrases like “Medspa Near Me West Palm Beach FL” and search engines display relevant listings. More and more patients are speaking to devices rather than typing text. This is call Speech Based SEO.
- Local SEO Optimization – There are over 200 directories for medical practices. Most of them have no to marginal impact on your practice. The most important business listings are 1. Google Business Page 2. Facebook Business Page 3. Yelp Business Page. 4. Healthgrades and few other healthcare specific directories are also important. As a practice manager, you need to make sure that your listings are accurate and that you are posting on Google Business Page and Facebook Business Page regularly.
- Speech Based SEO – New Emerging Area – As more patients are “speaking” to devices.
- Display Advertising – Interest Based Advertising – there are many variations.
- Video Advertising – Advertising on YouTube for doctors can be effective.
- Social Media Advertising – Interest Based & Demographic Advertising. Can be visual, textual, video based.
- Mobile Advertising – Based on mobile ads and user’s location.
- Geo-Targeted / Geo-Fenced Advertising – Used by Apps, Search, Social Media and Location Aware apps, among others.
- Re-Marketing – Based on a User’s Past History, Past Interests and Predicted Behaviour.
- Similar Competitive Interest Based Advertising
8 Important elements of your medical website:
1) It must be mobile optimized – Beyond mobile friendly.
2) It must be optimized for conversion.
3) Content must be fresh, relevant, non-plagiarized.
4) SEO Optimized for Google search engine.
5) Based on WordPress (or other proven platforms).
6) Secure and HIPAA Compliant.
7) Should promote and build your brand.
8) Must be pretty, attractive and branded with your own brand.
How to Ask for Testimonials and Reviews From Your Patients
When you want to bring new patients to your medical practice, your online reputation is an important consideration when people research your location. When shopping around for services, people move in groups and are less likely to choose a location that has scant online reviews compared to a location that has a lot of customer feedback. You can use your online reputation to your advantage to bring in new patients, who will then leave their reviews. If approached correctly, this self-feeding loop of reviews and testimonials will give your clinic a significant marketing advantage.
How and why should I ask for reviews or testimonials?
A review or testimonial is a 1st person witness about how great of service they received at your clinic. Some of the most potent commercials on TV are ones featuring actual customers with the label “not an actor” underneath them. Let your most satisfied customers do the talking for you. They have the first-hand experience and are willing to tell others! These reviews and testimonials can be easily tacked onto your website. In most cases, they are short and to the point. They can also be used in print or email marketing materials.
Is it hard to get a review or testimonial?
If you have never formally asked for a review or testimonial in an organized fashion, it may seem like an impossible task. However, it is a lot easier than you may think. The most critical part: Asking. Still, timing is a key factor. The best moment is when your patient has been treated, and you have over delivered your service to them, leaving a patient feeling better, informed, and confident about their health.
How do I ask for a review on a site like Google, Facebook, or Yelp?
Reviews on these websites are often some of the first things a new patient will see when considering your clinic for your services. However, this is also where unhappy patients will leave their feedback, regardless if it is a valid critique of your business. Don’t let a single bad review make you sigh away from this powerful marketing tool. Patients widely recognize today that every business, be it a medical clinic, auto repair, or a pretzel stand will get bad reviews every now and again. The key is to build a vast repository of good reviews. All you need to do is ask.
To get as many reviews as possible, you need to make the process as easy as possible. The fewer clicks a patient has to do, the more likely they will follow through and leave you that review. No one wants to spend 5 minutes detailing their visit. You want to make it easy for someone to leave five stars, say a few words, and be on their way with the option to leave more detailed feedback if they choose.
Why does a patient leave me a negative review?
When a patient leaves a negative review of your medical clinic, more often than not, it has nothing to do with your doctor. In fact, studies indicate only about 28% of negative reviews are related to a patient’s interaction with a doctor. The other 72% often deal with billing issues, incorrect deductible payment, wait time, problems with a front desk worker or other staff, or improper handling of paperwork.
Patients will leave your medical clinic either happy, unhappy, or somewhere in the middle. With some focus on your end and combined with our excellent software, you can build a winning marketing strategy leveraging your patient’s experience. Unhappy and disgruntled patients leaving negative reviews can destroy a doctor and a clinic’s reputation. Proactively addressing problems, whether real or perceived, is the strategy you should adopt to protect your business.
How can I get positive reviews for my clinic?
The lobby of your facility isn’t just a place for a patient to wait to be seen by a doctor. It is a GOLD MINE for reviews for your business. Putting a little work into a patient’s departure can harvest great reviews from happy patients on their way out the door. Our reputation app works on iPads and is user-friendly. Once implemented, this easy to use app will start producing results in the first week at most clinics.
Your reputation on Google is, by far the single most crucial marketing strategy you should implement. While Facebook and Yelp are essential to keep in mind, a vast majority of people will start with Google first. Google Search produces excellent results for healthcare clinics, and within those results, the number of reviews is a powerful visual for potential patients.
What is the best strategy to get reviews or testimonials from patients? Should I use texted(SMS) based, email, or ask for them in my waiting room?
The truth is, you should adopt all of these strategies. Using only one approach can cause reviews to be flagged. For example, if you send out a mass email or text(SMS) asking for reviews, you will get a “burst” of reviews to your profiles. Text-based review requests often only produce a rating without any comments. The algorithms in these review sites will start blocking these reviews. By adopting all of these strategies, it will send a varying amount of reviews of different length and times throughout the week to your profile.
How do I get positive reviews for doctors at my clinic?
Ideally, the level of attention and quality of medical care should be enough to get patients to leave a positive review or testimonial. In reality, most patients need to be gently encouraged to leave feedback, which is why a strategy to acquire these reviews is vital for a medical practice. You should have a plan in place to maximize positive reviews and minimize negative reviews.
What review sites should I concentrate on?
At PatientGain.com, we’ve found our healthcare customers have had great success by focusing on Google and Yelp. You should expect an 80/20 ratio for reviews from these two sites. 80% or more of your reviews will come from Google, and the rest will likely come from Yelp. There are other healthcare centric review sites out there and should be kept in mind for your online strategy, but they are not as important as these two review sites.
How can I learn more about reviews, testimonials, and how to acquire them at my medical practice?
PatientGain.com has spent years working with a variety of healthcare clients in many different fields of medicine. Our powerful software has produced excellent results across the country. Make an appointment today to speak with our experts today and let us show you the difference PatientGain.com can make at your clinic.
5 Steps for Facebook Success for Doctors & Medical Practices
Use Social Media Apps To Acquire New Patients and Engage & Service Existing Patients
Social Media Marketing is another very important aspect of your marketing. Your potential and existing are hanging around on Facebook. You have to make it easy for them to do business with you. Here are 5 steps.
5 Steps for Facebook Success for Doctors & Medical Practices
- Create Facebook Business Page for your medical practice.
- Optimize FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice.
- Add apps to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. For example, add Contact Us app, add Appointment Requests app, add Promotions app.
- Add content to your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice
- Advertise your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice on Facebook – There are multiple ways to promote your FacebookBusiness Page for your medical practice. You can hire a professional ( recommended ) or do it yourself. Professionals who are certified advertising professionals will produce better results for you.
PatientGain.com is a certified premier google partner for healthcare.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.