How to Market & Advertise a Doctor’s Office & Medical Practice
Executing a successful patient acquisition strategy requires much more than a website. In order to increase your clinic’s patient count, you need intelligent software behind your website, and a strategy that’s proven to be successful for top healthcare clinics across the US.
To “build your own”, a healthcare organization must:
1) Hire 4 to 8 professionals to integrate disparate technology products
2) To get a non-integrated, non HIPAA compliant solution
3) That is expensive
4) Ineffective & cumbersome
PatientGain.com apps are hosted in the cloud on world class high performance servers in the USA. There is no software to install or setup fees. Our medical marketing service is supported by professional team available to help you. Costs $499/mon to $599/mon. Check GOLD Package.
Marketing For Doctors Using GOLD Package
Medical Marketing For Doctors
Effective healthcare today involves more than just in-clinic patient treatment; it requires continual and proactive communication covering a broad spectrum of patient-specific issues. For many healthcare practices, their attempts to become more integrally connected with patients are often obstructed by a lack of appropriate and effective online communication tools and applications. PatientGain.com provides clinics across the US with powerful software, running on secure compliant servers located in USA, that makes delivering numerous types of Healthcare communications a simple and automated process. From sending between-visit wellness surveys, to automated appointment reminders, and effective outreach communications,PatientGain.com’s sophisticated Healthcare Communication Platform contains dozens of ways for you to improve interaction with patients. With a proprietary platform custom created to assist Healthcare practices effectively communicate with their patients, PatientGain.com is the preferred Healthcare to patient communication software.
Medical Marketing Success Requires Proficiency in Four Important Areas:
1) Clinic Industry Knowledge, and an Understanding of Medical Field Compliance Requirements and Regulations
2) Expertise in Online Marketing Trends, Digital Best Practices, and Patient Behavior
3) A Dynamic Software Platform Designed to Adapt to Changes with Trends and Technology
4) World Class Support behind Your Technology System
As a cloud-based solution provider whose focus is working with healthcare practices, PatientGain.com has many years of experience running successful advertising and marketing campaigns for medical clinics across the U.S. We’ve designed our platform to comprehensively manage all aspect’s of a clinic’s digital marketing strategy and presence on the internet. By ensuring that their entire presence online is being effectively cultivated through one platform, clinics are able to see better results in their patient acquisition and reach their goals for growth.
4 Important Components of a Marketing Plan for Your Medical Practice & Clinic
Traditionally, marketing experts tell us that there are 4 key components of your Medical Marketing Plan.
- The Product or Service – This will be service offerings for your medical practice. For example, if you an Urgent Care clinic, do you offer service to patients based on 12 major categories. Examples will be Onsite X-ray, DOT Physical exams, Lab-test results, Ports Physicals, Simple Fracture treatment, Travel medicine, Immunizations etc. If you are MedSpa / Esthetic based practice, you may want to define your product/service strategy based on competition and availability of your staff’s credentials. For example, if you want to offer “CoolSculpting”, you will need to make an investment in purchasing this technology and then training of your staff. So each medical service you offer has a cost associated with it, and of course there could be tangible benefits for your medical practice. So your marketing plan must have a focus on which “services” you are going to offer. And each service deserves its SWOT analysis.
- The Price of the Service – In many cases, this is driven by the insurance company payouts to you. But there are certain procedures that are not covered by the insurance payments. There are additional strategies available to you here. Each patient can be divided into 3 main categories.
- PPO or Full Insurance – These insurance plans pay fixed amount for each procedure for in-network vs out-of-network procedures.
- Self-Pay Patients – Patient pays directly to the provider – you have leverage to provide better service than your competitors and charge more.
- High-Deductible plans – In this case, as an example, patients typically have to pay initial $4000-$10000 out of their pockets. After ta patient has spent these amounts on deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, then the medical insurance plan pays 100% of the costs of covered benefits. Many patients consider that first $4000-$10000 as something that have to “shop” for prices, hence you have an opportunity to apply your own marketing strategy on how to attract these patients to your practice.
- The Place or Location of Service – For most parts, healthcare delivery system in USA and Canada is very local. Telemedicine can change this in the future, but for now patients typically go to a “local” provider. This is evidenced by 2000% plus increase in Google searches for “Urgent care near me” or “Sleep Apnea doctor near me” or hundreds of other variations based on mobile patients searching for services “near” a patient. So your Place or Location matters.
- The Promotion(marketing) or Advertising of Service – This is one area, where you have true leverage to dominate your medical field. Your medical plan must include the promotion of your service. There are generally 2 main sub-areas for promotion of medical services:
- Offline Promotions – Traditional marketing – includes newspapers, yellow pages, billboards, referrals from peers, networking with other providers and suppliers.
- Online Promotions – This refers to digital marketing and digital advertising to acquire more patients and retain existing patient base.
PatientGain.com’s GOLD Package is focused on your digital marketing & advertising for your medical practice.
8 Strategies That Work for Physician Marketing
- Awesome website – must be intelligent and focused on conversion. Intelligence means conversion tracking CRM for your website. 88 percent of the patients looking for medical services will contact you by calling you or simply finding you on a map. Majority of the time it is Google Maps. To read more about Conversion Websites for doctors, please click here.
- Google SEO Optimizations for specific keywords, like “Urgent Care OKC” – in this case a patient is looking for an Urgent Care in Oklahoma City. To read more about SEO for doctors please click here.
- Google Local Optimizations. To read more about LOCAL SEO for doctors please click here.
- Content of the website. To read more about Content Marketing for doctors please click here.
- PPC Advertising (specifically Google PPC). To read more about PPC for doctors please click here.
- Facebook Advertising. To read more about Facebook Advertising for doctors please click here.
- Monthly Email Marketing. To read more about Email Marketing for doctors please click here.
- Patient Reviews Marketing & Reputation Management – Minimize negative reviews, Maximize positive reviews. To read more about Reputation Management for doctors please click here.
12 Most Important SEO Ranking Factors for Medical Healthcare Websites's Google SEO
Over 78 to 81 percent of your online success is tied to Google search, PPC, maps, listings and posts. This data is collected from hundreds of successful healthcare clinics across the the USA and Canada. SEO is very important part of your success. Google search is the most accurate search engine.
1. Website Pages Accessible and Readable by Google (verifiable)
2. Content of the website - Unique and non-plagiarized
3. Relevancy score - How pertinent is the information on the website compared to the “category” of the website - Every website has a “category” in Google’s index
3. Domain Age, URL and Authority
4. Mobile Optimizations
5. Content Optimizations for Images, Videos and Text based content
6. Technical Structure of the Website
7. Business Information accurate and matches on Google Business page, Facebook business page and Yelp business page
8. HTTPS pages
9. User experience
10. Links and references inbound and outbound
11. Social Signals
12. Page speed and AMP
PatientGain.com is a certified premier google partner for healthcare.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.