Medical Marketing Strategy
Ready-To-Implement Healthcare Online Marketing Strategy For Doctors. This is the same system used by the TOP Medical Clinics in the USA – From Coast-to-Coast. Costs $599/Mon.
Executing a successful patient acquisition strategy online requires much more than a website. In order to increase your clinic’s patient count, you need intelligent software behind your website, and a strategy that has been proven to be successful for top healthcare clinics across the US. PatientGain.com apps are hosted in the cloud on world-class high performance HIPAA compliant servers in the USA. There is no software to install or setup fees, no long term contracts – Month-To-Month, and awesome support.
Many doctors question if it is ethical to advertise. Some focus on patient referrals only, while others have taken some small steps to promote their practice. Most doctors are not sure if advertising, and specially online advertising or marketing, will produce results for their practice. Some doctors have created a website for their practice, and others have worked to acquire limited traffic to their website. However, these limited efforts simply don’t produce results, and as a result thousands of practices across the country struggle to fill their calendar.
But they don’t have to.
A large number of doctors’ offices aren’t able to acquire the patients they need to keep their practice in good financial health due to a lack of an effective online advertising strategy. Some practices have taken some of the first steps by getting a website, but they lack the tools and strategy to drive visitors to them online.
Luckily, PatientGain has developed a solution to the problem of patient acquisition, and has helped clinics and practices across the US drastically improve their patient generation and patient communication. Patient acquisition costs can be anywhere from $8 to $27 per new patient in most US areas, and if your practice is located in a competitive area, your costs can be even higher. Patient acquisition does not have to be a confusing and unknown area for doctors. By looking at leading clinics and medical practices, you can better understand how your practice should design your patient acquisition strategy.
Physicians and practice owners have vastly differing levels of promotional experience and sophistication but most fall into one of the following three areas:
Three Levels of Online Advertising and Marketing Adoption By Doctors’ Offices
No.1 Beginner Level
Marketing and advertising are considered as an after-thought that can be managed by staff members like the front office staff or administrators. The general viewpoint of doctors’ offices at this level is that with any kind of basic or free website, new patients looking for their services will be automatically directed to them via Google, Bing, Yahoo, or other online search channels. However, this perception is far removed from the reality of their situation. Without a strategy and software tools, these practices won’t be able to be seen by potential patients online, or convert the few visitors that find them.
Reputation Management is very important for you medical practice. It is included in the GOLD package.
No. 2 Intermediate Level
Practices at this level have reached acceptable average daily patient counts. They have a clinic admin working with a local web-designer, and have put up a nice looking website, but there is no focus on online success and building a strategy to drive new patients every day. These doctors hope that because they’ve worked with a contractor to build a website, it naturally result in steady and predictable patient generation and clinic growth. Some of these practices may be doing some online advertising on Google, trying email marketing, or have put up a Facebook page for their business. This is a good starting point, but most practices don’t execute these strategies at an effective level, where they are creating growth in their patient counts. The internet is where your competition acquires their new patients, and to ensure that your practice remains competitive you need an online marketing approach that is effective. To protect your business’s health, your practice need more than a website; you need a partner with healthcare marketing expertise, intelligent software, and a comprehensive online strategy for your practice.
A beautiful and attractive website is a given, but you also need an Intelligent Responsive Website also. It is very important for your medical practice. It is included in the GOLD package.
No 3. Optimized Level
Doctors and practices at this level understand that online strategy is by far the #1 method to grow patient volumes, and build their business’s profitability. Driving patients to your door, and out-performing the competition on the internet, requires a depth of online marketing expertise, effective software, and a profound understanding of medical practice operations. Clinics and doctors often have to enlist outside help in order to execute an effective online strategy, but the combination of skills, knowledge, and tools necessary to do so is found among very few marketing or advertising companies. However, healthcare industry leaders, with a single and multi-location clinics, use PatientGain.com’s Healthcare Platform to drive their clinics’ growth. PatientGain.com’s software enables medical practices to painlessly acquire new patients, effectively communicate and engage with their patients, and grow their business, with HIPAA compliance. PatientGain.com provides a BAA for your medical practice.
PatientGain.com has run thousands of online campaigns for patient acquisition and patient engagement for medical practices with typical patient acquisition costs anywhere from $8 to $27 per new patient in most US areas.
Cloud based HIPAA compliant software is simple to use and easy to manage.
Free responsive medical website is always included with GOLD Package. Month-to-month contracts – Cancel anytime.
4 Components of a Marketing Plan for a Medical Practice
Traditionally, marketing experts tell us that there are 4 key components of your Medical Marketing Plan.
- The Product or Service – This will be service offerings for your medical practice. For example if you an Urgent Care clinic, do you offer service to patients based on 12 major categories. Examples will be Onsite X-ray, DOT Physical exams, Lab-test results, Ports Physicals, Simple Fracture treatment, Travel medicine, Immunizations etc. If you are MedSpa / Esthetic based practice, you may want to define your product/service strategy based on competition and availability of your staff’s credentials. For example if you want to offer “CoolSculpting”, you will need to make an investment in purchasing this technology and then training of your staff.
- The Price of the Service – In many cases, this is driven by the insurance company payouts to you. But there are certain procedures that are not covered by the insurance payments. There are additional strategies available to you here. Each patient can be divided into 3 main categories.
- PPO or Full Insurance – These insurance plans pay fixed amount for each procedure for in-network vs out-of-network procedures.
- Self-Pay Patients – Patient pays directly to the provider – you have leverage to provide better service than your competitors and charge more.
- High-Deductible plans – In this case, as an example, patients typically have to pay initial $4000-$10000 out of their pockets. After ta patient has spent these amounts on deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, then the medical insurance plan pays 100% of the costs of covered benefits. Many patients consider that first $4000-$10000 as something that have to “shop” for prices, hence you have an opportunity to apply your own marketing strategy on how to attract these patients to your practice.
- The Place or Location of Service – For most parts, healthcare delivery system in USA and Canada is very local. Telemedicine can change this in the future, but for now patients typically go to a “local” provider. This is evidenced by 2000% plus increase in Google searches for “Urgent care near me” or “Sleep Apnea doctor near me” or hundreds of other variations based on mobile patients searching fro services “near” a patient. So your Place or Location matters.
- The Promotion(marketing) or Advertising of Service – This is one area, where you have true leverage to dominate your medical field. Your medical plan must include the promotion of your service. There are generally 2 main sub-areas for promotion of medical services:
- Offline Promotions – Traditional marketing – includes newspapers, yellow pages, billboards, referrals from peers, networking with other providers and suppliers.
- Online Promotions – This refers to digital marketing and digital advertising to acquire more patients and retain existing patient base.
Online Success Starts With Best Medical Marketing Conversion Website
Medical Marketing Conversion Websites are different than informational websites. Here are 8 examples of characteristics for medical marketing conversion websites
Your Medical Marketing Conversion Websites should:
No 1. Your medical marketing conversion website should have useful information for a patient visitor to easily contact you multiple ways. This includes 1. Click to Dial – Phone 2. Fill out an Appointment Request 3. Find Directions 4. Find Medical Services
No 2. Intelligence so Information is captured securely in a HIPAA Compliant database
No 3. Tracking software so source of your leads is captured so you can easily measure the ROI of each advertising medium
No 4. Promotions and Offers should be included predominantly
No 5. Tracking of Phone calls is very important
No 6. Ability to respond automatically ( Auto-Responders ) should be built into your medical marketing conversion website
No 7. A/B Tested layout for best possible patient experience and results
No 8. Your medical marketing conversion website should not take the user away from your primary focus. For example, if your strategy is to capture patient information from a landing page, keep it simple and to-the-point. Do not offer any other offers so the patient is tempted to click on another area and leave your website.
Healthcare Medical Marketing Influencers
Every physician, medical practice owner and administrator should understand that there are 5 important aspects shaping the healthcare and patient care in USA & Canada.
No. 1 Public health delivery systems – Shift from hospitals to individual clinics
No. 3 Drug development and technology impact – Time to develop and bring new medicine is decreasing. Supercomputers and bio-technology is helping humanity and bringing hope. New drugs, new ways of non-invasive robotics are changing the outcomes and shortening the recovery time of patients.
No. 4 Health Care and information technology impact – Information is no longer in silos – Internet specifically has made the information available to billions of patients across the globe.
No. 5 Health Care commercialization – Ability for physicians and healthcare providers to reach patients directly. More and more Physicians, Dentists, Surgeons, MedSpas, Pharma & Medical Practices are turning to online medical marketing to acquire more patients and provide timely services to patients.
Results From Online SEO For Primary Care Physician
Review of a real customer. Location is east coast – mid-level competition. Doctor Jones has been in practice for the last 13 years. Her focus has been Primary Care, Internal Medicine and general wellness with focus on Diabetic patients. However, since last 3 years, multiple clinics have opened within her 5 mile radius. In addition, two Urgent Care clinics have also impacted her business. In the past all she had to do was to advertise in local yellow pages, few referral practices and business had grown due to her excellent focus on patient care. Due to competition, her average patient count had steadily decreased from 30 patients a day to 22.
In this case, Doctor Jones had to focus on new patient acquisition. She search online for “online advertising for doctors” and found PatientGain.com as the first organic listing on Google. She signed up for PatientGain.com’s GOLD Service for $499/mon. The results have been as follows:
Nov 2016 – Go live with new website, along with 20 apps embedded in the new Medical Marketing website. 135 phone calls received in the first month. 116 unique phone calls.
Dec 2016 – 434 phone calls received in the 2nd month. 388 unique phone calls.
Jan 2017 – 621 phone calls received in the 3rd month. 534 unique phone calls.
Feb 2017 – 518 phone calls received in the 4th month. 419 unique phone calls.
Mar 2017 – 599 phone calls received in the 5th month. 450 unique phone calls.
Apr 2017 – 697 phone calls received in the 6th month. 541 unique phone calls.
May 2017 – 801 phone calls received in the 7th month. 643 unique phone calls.
By the end of 7th month, Doctor Jones had achieved her target of 30 patients per day. Mission accomplished.
PatientGain.com is a certified premier google partner for healthcare.
To learn about Website Strategies and Website Examples for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Search Engine Optimization for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Pay Per Click PPC Advertising for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about Content Marketing Strategies for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.
To learn about GOLD Package Marketing for Doctors & Medical Clinics, please go here.